Job Title: Quantity Surveyor OR Trainee Quantity Surveyor
Sector: Quantity Surveying, Drainage, Water, Waste Water, Sewage, Utilities
Start Date: Q4 2022
Job Type: Permanent Role
Salary: Circa £30,000 - £45,000 Per Annum + Package
** Salary is negotiable based on relevant experience **
Our client, a growing specialist Water & Drainage contractor, has an excellent opportunity available for a Quantity Surveyor OR a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing department, and the role will be a key appointment, aiding the departments continued success and growth, over the coming years.
In this role, you will support a number of small to medium sized projects, for a variety of clients, reporting into a Commercial Manager, providing commercial support on site, preparing for client/contractor meetings, also working closely with operational managers and subcontractors on site.
You will be required to maintain accurate records of all values; costs, programme changes, productivity and profitability, as well as implementing appropriate controls to monitor and ensure all stakeholders operate in accordance with the company procedures.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Reporting into a Commercial Manager
- Liaising with stakeholders to enable site progression without delays
- Basic Cost Management
- Providing clear information to the site teams
- Preparing monthly internal values
- Preparing monthly KPI reports
- Ensure projects are managed in accordance with the contract terms
- Oversee Sub-Contract and procurement payments
- Prepare Contractor orders for the Commercial Manager
Candidates will ideally:
- Hold a relevant qualification, such as a degree (or similar), in Quantity Surveying
- Have worked within the construction or civil engineering sector (experience in Water / Drainage / Utilities would be advantageous!)
- Have a good understanding of NEC3/4 forms of contract
- Subcontractor management and client meeting experience preferable
- Be a self-starer, with a positive and proactive hands-on attitude
- Have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate effectively
- Be happy with associated site visits / travel
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.