Anderselite have been contracted to source a Quantity Surveyor to join a well-known, award-winning Civil contractor with a large focus on Water based projects in the North-East region. The role will be based in County Durham with frequent visits to live projects.
The role will include:
- Ensure cost control is maintained throughout all functions (procurement, delivery, design)
- Support the project manager in respect of project and commercial deliverables
- Provide support and mentoring to the Assistant Q.S within respective Projects
- Prepare subcontract tender packages, carry out comparisons and place relevant orders
- Responsible for the management, collation, interpretation and analysis of project commercial records
- Supporting the Investment Proposal (Target Cost) process through all key milestones
- Production of monthly cost & value forecasts
- Provide sub-contractor management to Projects
- Production of impact assessments, early warning and risk expenditure
- Support the Lead QS in respect of wider issues
What they would like to see:
- Formal Q.S Qualification (HND or BSc)
- Experience in a similar role from a civils or M&E background
- Good level of QS experience
- Water/Wastewater Experience – preferred but not essential
- Flexibility to travel when required
- Knowledge of NEC construction contracts
- Experience in the tender and target cost process and the review of such documents
- Strong IT skills with experience of databases and MS Office
- Full clean UK driving licence
- A can-do attitude and enthusiasm to get the job done!
In exchange for the quality skills that you currently possess, they are offering a great salary and benefits package that comes with many smaller perks, a solid platform to be a long-term player in the business and flexibility.
If this role is for you and you would like more information or be included in the process, then please submit your CV today!