Anderselite are currently recruiting for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join one of the UK's leading Tier 1 contractors on a permanent basis in Birmingham.
The successful Quantity Surveyor will assist with delivering several major highways projects throughout the West Midlands region.
In this role, you will work as part of a site-based project team, working on and delivering works for a major highways scheme. As a Quantity Surveyor, you will provide commercial support and work closely with the operational teams, providing guidance at various phases of the project where possible, commercial supporting complex subcontract management, change control and project reporting.
Daily duties will include but are noted limited to:
- Management of subcontractors - certification of payment and change.
- Management of allocated Control Accounts with site team including value draw and out-turn forecast / spend profiling.
- Keeping costs records and agreement of costs with Highways England Site representatives.
- Utilisation of Site Commercial and Document Systems (Prolog, CEMAR, Projectwise, Forecasting Tool).
- Procurement of Packages as the work proceeds.
- Providing and presenting contract, cost and forecasting data to the site team.
- Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to, the requirements of the Health and Safety & Environmental Policies.
Candidates will ideally:
- Hold a formal qualification in Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Have previously worked within highways construction, on large major projects.
- Have strong NEC Contract Knowledge.
- Have previous experience of managing subcontractors.
- Have strong communication and analytical skills.
For more information on the Quantity Surveyor position please contact Macauly on 0121 200 5520.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.