Job Title: Quantity Surveyor & Senior Quantity Surveyor
Sector: Civil Engineering, Highways, Infrastructure, Earthworks, Highways, Bridges, Construction
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q3 2021
Salary: Quantity Surveyor: Circa £40,000 to £50,000 Per Annum + Package
Senior Quantity Surveyor: Circa £50,000 to £65,000 Per Annum + Package
** (Salaries are negotiable on job level & relevant experience)
Our client, a large, established and growing principal contractor, within the Civil Engineering sector, is currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor and a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their, helping to deliver an upcoming Highways in the Swindon region. This is a key highways project, improving existing highway infrastructure, creating new roads, roundabouts, junctions, as well as installing a new bridge, culverts and signalising crossroads.
The role would suit a motivated individual, who is looking to join a growing highways department, on a permanent basis. We are ideally looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor, with strong background in Civil Engineering, who is interested in working on upcoming highways schemes, typically valued between £10 Million and £50 Million. Please note: Our client self-deliver various works (where possible), including but not limited to groundworks, earthworks, drainage, structures.
Furthermore, the position will provide the opportunity to join a growing contractor, who offer an exceptional salary + package, coupled with a productive working environment & effective working processes, allowing you to achieve the desired results in your career, in the most efficient and stress-free manner.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring cost control is maintained throughout all functions.
- Completing measurement and outputs, forecasting the use of resource against programme.
- Assisting with the completion of forecasts, first-hand, as minimal work with be sub-contracted out.
- Supporting the Project Team and Commercial Manager, with project and commercial deliverables.
- Preparing sub-contract tender packages where required, carrying out comparisons, placing relevant orders.
- Collating, interpreting and analysing project commercial records.
- Supporting the Target Cost process through all key milestones.
- Helping to produce monthly cost & value forecasts, including monthly project review reports.
- Assisting to the indentation of risks and opportunities, considering spend vs budgets.
- Producing impact assessments, early warnings, risk expenditure and compensation event submissions.
- Liaising with the Project Commercial Team, to establish accurate cost and cash reporting.
- Supporting the Senior Quantity Surveyor with any wider commercial issues.
Candidates will require previous experience:
- Working on applicable heavy Civil Engineering / Highways projects, inclusive of package of works, such as highways, earthworks, structures, and other associated works.
- Working on medium to large scale Infrastructure projects (Circa £10 Million to £100 Million in value).
- Forecasting material/plant/labour resource first-hand, rather than relying on subcontract information.
- Completing measurements and outputs for the related works, noted above.
- Working on relevant forms of contract, such as NEC or JCT.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering (i.e. Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent).
- Previous experience working in a similar role, as a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor.
- Strong knowledge of legislation and regulations used within the Highways Construction, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure sectors.
- Strong commercial, communication and IT skills.
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online initially, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.