Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Summary of Role:
Reporting to a Senior Quantity Surveyor or (Senior) Commercial Manager the key focus is
* Carrying out the commercial role on the project in line with company processes and procedures
* Develop and support junior team on projects.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Develop a good understanding of the wider aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental law affecting a Facilities business.
* Have a full understanding and appreciation of the contract under which your project is operating and the risks and opportunities this presents.
* Develop a high level of competence in the application of IT skills to facilitate own role
* Develop a wider knowledge of business systems to manage and present business information
* Use the CAFM platform to demonstrate our value to our clients.
* Have a clear understanding of the benefits and outputs available from our IT tools.
* Share best practice and knowledge of using the IT platforms with the wider Commercial/Project team.
* Identify, manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities
* Be an advocate for Lean management and encourage the operational and commercial teams to look for ways to improve our services and constantly improve.
* Identify, manage and continually demonstrate the value of our service to our clients through effective use of Management Information.
* Maximise cash flow through timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment
* Develop high level of understanding of planning, programming and works order tracking to ensure accurate progress reporting
* Fully understand the project measures and performance criteria and influence the performance of our suppliers and teams against these metrics.
* Production of Timely accounts for use in managing the business
* Production of accurate and timely financial forecasts for use in setting targets
* Establish and maintain accurate and robust reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that projects meet and / or exceed targets
* Develop comprehensive understanding of financial models including cashflow turnover forecasts and project profit / loss statement.
* Manage and report on the clients budget as required within the contract and constantly strive to improve the value of the service we provide.
* Develop and in-depth understanding of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to contracts.
* Assist in the prompt preparation and settlement of all accounts.
* Ensure the prompt identification of risks in projects and implement risk management techniques, risk registers and actions plans to mitigate the risks
* Ability to develop new ideas and developing it into a different approach.
* Develop understanding and working knowledge of project close out processes
* Contribute to direct reports performance appraisals
* Contribute to the development and learning of the junior Commercial team on the projects.
* Develop a good understanding of Employment law with particular regard to issues surrounding TUPE and Pension obligations and understand when to enlist professional help.
* Ensure that the commercial function is at the heart of the project team.
* Actively researches issues to identify alternatives actions and always look to implement optimum solutions.
Projects - MOJ - Refurb - Framework
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.