Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Type: Full Time -Permanent
An established main contractor launching in Bristol is seeking an ambitious Quantity Surveyor to join their growing operational base the region and work closely with a Senior QS in overseeing refurbishment and new build projects across Commercial, Residential, Industrial and Leisure sectors. You will be a key member of the growing Bristol team in ensuring subcontractors quotations and payments are constantly reviewed. As such, the perfect candidate should have previous experience working with a main or regional contractor and be open to working out of Bristol site offices.
This is a unique opportunity to be a key member of a growing region making it a perfect role for someone looking to make a name for themselves.
Summary of your role:
• Review of sub-contractor quotations and placement of any orders
• Preparation of pre-commencement contribution plan
• Site measurement
• Review of sub-contractor applications for payment with issue of any appropriate payment, pay less notices and certificates.
• Preparation of monthly cost report including forecasting
• Review and action of any contractual correspondence
• Submission of final accounts
• Attend Site and client meetings where required.
• Act professionally always as the face of the company and assist in business growth where possible.
What we require from you?
• Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying
• 5 years’ experience working as a Quantity Surveyor within the Construction industry.
• Understanding of standard forms of construction contracts including NEC and JCT.
• Proven experience dealing with a variety of forms of construction across Retail, Industrial, Residential or Leisure centres.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Proficient user of MS packages - Outlook, Excel, and Word
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation and construction industry.
This client has been established for over 40 years with a growing pipeline of phased works commencing in January 2024 across Industrial, Residential and Commercial sectors.
If you fulfil the requirements above, contact Stephen Pindar on 0161 707 1516 for a confidential chat OR email your updated CV to email@example.com
- Sector: Construction
- Contact: Stephen Pindar
- Contact Email: Stephen.Pindar@anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 0161 503 1956
- Expiry Date: 04 December 2023
- Job Ref: 404969SOP