My clients are looking to appoint a Quantity Surveyor on an initial 6 month contract. My clients are a 5-star housebuilder with an excellent reputation in the market.
The successful Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for managing three live sites. They will be responsible for managing the commercial aspects of each development. This includes managing the costs for each site and ensuring that targets are met by managing and controlling the budgets and valuations.
Principal accountabilities of the role include:
- Produce draft budgets and site start budgets for each site allocated to the Quantity Surveyor.
- Produce quarterly valuations and complete material ‘cost to complete’ exercises for each site
- Produce sub-contract payments and final accounts, ensuring that the sub-contractor has signed these off.
- Produce sub-contract orders, ensuring they are authorised by the authorised representative, together with all necessary documentation.
- Complete on-site measurements and assess payments to contractors.
- Attend and contribute to various meetings, such as pre-order meetings, quarterly valuation meetings and project review meetings with senior management, construction team as well as external contractors.
- Manage all sub-contract orders on site, meeting sub-contractors as and when required.
- Maintain trade specifications.
- Price customer extras and liaise with sales department as necessary.
- Manage Professional Fees Budget.
- Assist with material buying when required.
- Assist the Estimator and / or Commercial Manager with take-offs for land appraisals when required
Experience, Qualifications, and skills
- Experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor with a residential house builder.
- HND/HNC Building Studies
- Current CSCS card or equivalent is desirable
- Strong communication and listening skills, with good negotiation skills
- Highly motivated to deliver quality developments
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrates ability to meet deadlines
- IT literate and the ability to adapt to new systems
- Good administration skills
Although this role is initially on a contract basis there is potential for the role to go permanent. For more information on this role please contact Paul Wilkinson on the number supplied or via email on email@example.com