Our client, a major construction company operating within the Rail Industry is seeking to employ several Quantity Surveyors to be based working on one of the most prestigious Rail schemes in the country (offices based in York, Tadcaster and Leeds.
You will be working on a high profile multi disciplinary scheme as well as the initial design stages of other parts of the project.
Working in-conjunction with the commercial team, key duties will include:
- Production of monthly accounting, costing, contract, management and financial information on
a timely basis for inclusion in the monthly accounts package.
- Briefing the Project Manager on the bill of quantities, specification and contractual implications
of ongoing and new projects.
- Liaison with the Project Managers, regarding ongoing costs, current position and variations in
- The monitoring of costs against tender/contract specifications and agreements. Advising the
Senior QS immediately of any major problem areas.
- Liaison with Clients giving and receiving costing information with regard to ongoing contracts,
notifying clients using the appropriate methods of any variations to cost or specification and
gaining the relevant authorisation. Raising any variation orders or claims as appropriate.
- Ensuring the Company's contractual obligations with regard to cost control is met, using the
appropriate standards and methods.
- Assisting the Senior Quantity Surveyor in the preparation of tender enquiries, responses and
the determination of the Company's charging structures.
- Responsible for the compilation and monitoring of relevant construction budgets in conjunction
with the project team
- Responsible for preparing and producing Alliance commercial reports relating to AFC
management, forecast / actual cost variances, earned value management, change
Candidates will ideally have a degree in quantity surveying or equivalent, with previous rail/construction experience on major schemes and with strong IT and communication schemes.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.