Quantity Surveyor role -Infrastructure consultancy -Lancashire based - high volume / low value projects - email alexandra.smith@anderselite
The client provides infrastructure consultancy services including project management, quantity surveying, commercial management, financial audit and training, inspections and audits. Underpinned by innovative software and systems we seek to provide bespoke solutions to our clients opportunities. Headquartered in Lancashire they work across the UK, and our team offers a wealth of experience and expertise, with colleagues ranging from graduates to senior directors, in disciplines ranging from Chartered Surveyors, Chartered Accountants to Highway Engineers, Project Managers, Commercial Managers, Quantity Surveyors and Asbestos Awareness and Removal trainers. Our approach to providing services is forward thinking and adaptable to our customer requirements.
The successful Quantity Surveyor will:
* Have excellent numeracy, analytical and presentation skills in order to concisely provide internal and external formal and informal updates on projects.
* Willingness to solve sometimes complex commercial and financial client scenarios with detailed accuracy in a well formatted auditable and transparent manner.
* Understand and implement the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices to record change etc.
* Retain a desire to work in innovative ways utilising bespoke software solutions in order to drive confident decision making.
* Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company H&S procedures, work instructions and the Business Management System.
* In conjunction with the relevant project manager/team member, be accountable for the profitability of the project/s and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project/s to ensure delivery of required margins, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project costs to completion and final value.
* Manage cashflow and commercial risk on allocated projects.
* Liaise with the client, client representative and other 3rd parties on commercial issues, including agreement of additional monies.
* Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system, ensuring all financial information is managed and up to date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted as managed.
* Provide commercial advice and guidance to other members of the team.
* Assist procurement in the preparation and issue of ITT's, subcontract documentation, enquire, other documentation and negotiations.
* Ensure that sub-contractors accounts are managed strictly in accordance with their terms and conditions.
* Have a degree in Quantity Surveying.
* Have previous experience in quantity surveying within a relevant business environment.
* Have excellent communication skills and attention to detail
* Have a sound working knowledge of construction and contract law.
* Aspire to become chartered in the profession ~ MRICS or AP
Salary and package to be agreed - depending on experience
If you want to apply please email me If you want more information please call me on 0161 832 7577
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.