Job Title: Quality Engineer & Quality Manager (Construction New Build)
Location: Northampton & Surrounding Area (Site travel including the Midlands)
Sector: Quality Management, Construction Build
Start Date: Q2/Q3 2022
Job Type: Permanent Role
Salary: Circa £40,000 to £52,000 Per Annum + Package (Base salary negotiable on relevant experience)
Our client, a growing Construction Main Contractor, who operate across the Construction new build sector, has an excellent opportunity available for experienced Quality Managers to join their team on a permanent basis, where you will get the opportunity to work on key new build construction projects (circa £5 Million to £50 Million+) across the Midlands and the Southern regions (Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire etc).
In this role, you will play a key part in implementing & monitoring sustainable quality management plans, working with and supporting on-site construction teams, head office teams and the wider supply chain, with operational quality excellence. The position will give you the opportunity to implement smarter methods of working, ensuring that quality standards are met, whilst improving efficiencies across work delivery and costs, all to ensure the delivery of quality methodology and resource.
Overall, this is an exciting opportunity role that will provide the opportunity to work on large scale construction new build projects (including large Civil Engineering works), to ensure that the business will meet or exceed quality expectations, promoting smarter ways of working, improving efficiencies, whilst ensuring the successfully delivery of works, within budget and to the required standard.
In return our client is able to assist you with developing through your career, in line with your personal goals, being able to offer a strong and secure pipeline of work.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the construction teams to develop the relevant controls, stipulated in the Project Execution Plans, Project Quality Plans, Inspection and Test Plans, and Document Control including Test Records and Inspection Forms.
- Ensuring that the Quality Plan, including the Inspection and Test Plans are reviewed and signed as accepted, before work starts, regularly reviewing documentation.
- Deploying a robust internal surveillance program, using a risk-based audit approach and develop credible action plans, aiding future improvement.
- Testing the extent of quality maturity through monthly health checks on live projects, capturing findings in a heatmap to establish the right focus for improvement.
- Working with and supporting projects to ensure Corrective and Preventative Action activities are conducted, monitored and addressed, working with project teams to support and advise them on how to avoid errors in the future.
- Engaging with the Site Engineers to deliver a right first time approach, through planned inspections and quality interventions, also checking compliance of test results, tolerances, materials, execution and visual inspections.
- Supporting site teams with the engagement / review of supplier quality documentation and site activities.
- Partnering with the Business Development, Estimating and Pre-Con teams to ensure Quality is identified, planned and deployed across the project life cycle.
- Working with your sector Commercial Team to manage, capture and report the cost of quality (NCRs’, defects and reworks/other) in a consistent manner, to form part of the Quality dashboard report.
- Facilitating a Lessons Learnt & Client Feedback process, ensuring trends are reported and used to inform future operations.
- Supporting the Head of Quality & Assurance, ensuring that conformance to the Integrated Business Management System requirements is maintained.
- Establishing your sector Quality Steering Groups, to mature/embed ‘Quality All Ways’, identifying process owners to support the Integrated Business Management System.
- Acting as the ambassador for Quality improvement initiatives.
- Managing time effectively and efficiently, working independently to agreed schedules where necessary.
- Assisting with project quality training requirements and awareness of ‘Quality All Ways’ across Group.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Previous experience working in a similar role within the Construction New Build sector, operating in a complex multi-disciplinary environment.
- Relevant qualifications and memberships, such as:
- Practitioner of the Chartered Quality Institute (or working towards Chartered Member level)
- IRCA Trained Auditor – ISO Standards [ISO 9001] QMS.
- A good understanding of and how to interpret ISO standards including QMS 9001, EMS 14001 & SMS 45001.
- A strong knowledge of LEAN principles.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online or send your CV to email@example.com, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.