Job Title: AMP7 Quality Manager / Auditor
Location: Manchester (United Utilities)
Sectors: AMP7, Water, Water Treatment, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 Per Annum + Package (Negotiable based on relevant experience)
Our client, a large growing construction contractor within the Civil Engineering sector, is currently looking to add a Quality Manager / Auditor to join their Water team on a permanent basis. The role will entail delivering projects on Clean Water and Waste Water Treatment Works, amongst other AMP7 Water infra schemes, across the United Utilities region.
The applicable Quality Manager will ideally have previously worked for a construction contractor, possessing a good understanding of construction / civil engineering techniques, as well as Quality Methodology, Auditing, as well as associated construction documentation, processes and reporting.
The role with entail ensuring all quality systems are in place, improved and properly executed throughout the portfolio of projects. To succeed in the role, you will work alongside site and office based Project Teams, ensuring compliance with the requirements of the internal Business Management System. You will assist in identifying Non-conformance, to allow analysis and trending of data, allowing feedback and improvement to take place. The role is critical in helping to unlock marginal gains through continuous improvement and strategy enhancement.
- Participate in creating a knowingly safe working environment, that produces a Quality Product.
- Support the Quality Lead for the Business in preparing/undertaking external accreditation or client-based audits.
- Ensure that the Quality Cornerstone of Delivering Excellence is followed aiming for right first time goals.
- Ensure the project Quality Management System (QMS) meets the Business Management System (BMS) and client requirements.
- Ensure that Quality pre-start meetings are held with sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Ensure sub-contractors and suppliers are aware of their quality requirements, mitigating key risk areas.
- The development, roll out and coordination of Quality Audit programmes across Framework(s).
- Production of the audit reports, both internal and external, of suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Taking ownership of Non-Conformance Registers (NCR).
- Produce, monitor, and report on non-conformance and quality related KPIs (internally and with the client).
- Assist in production of trends, analysis, and strategies to mitigate re-occurring NCRs and best practice.
- Support the Construction and Commercial Teams in management of Requests for Information (RFI’s) and Technical Queries (TQ’s), to resolve technical issues and identify non-conformance.
- Through use of audits, investigations and lessons learned to identify and communicate good practice, key risks, highlighting this internally.
- Assist and provide guidance to the Project Teams in developing and implementing quality plans, processes and Inspection & Test plans (ITP’s), and ensure compliance.
- Assist the Project Teams with getting sub-contractors to produce ITP’s.
- Assist in the production of project quality reports as required.
- Encourage the promotion of a continuous improvement culture.
- Management of Quality, IQVT, Document Control and Handover personnel, as required.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have previously worked in the construction sector, possessing a sound working knowledge of:
- Industry standards including ISO:9001, ISO:14001 etc.
- Construction HSEQ.
- Reading and interpreting drawings, specifications, scope and contract information.
- Quality Management Systems (QMS) and Business Management Systems (BMS).
- Non-Conformance Registers (NCR).
- Requests for Information (RFI’s), Technical Queries (TQ’s), Inspection & Test plans (ITP’s).
- Relevant qualifications and memberships, such as:
- HND/Degree in Civil Engineering, CSCS Card.
- Practitioner of the Chartered Quality Institute (or working towards).
- Internal Auditor Qualification (preferred). (i.e IRCA Trained Auditor etc)
- Strong communication, reporting, presentation and IT Skills.
For more information or to apply for the role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520 or via LinkedIn