Quality Manager - Cumbria - major civils/construction project/framework working for a globally renowned main contractor, with blue-chip clients. £55k-£65k+car, and excellent benefits.
- Understand and implement both company and Client quality management systems.
- Prepare Quality Plan to meet requirements of both quality systems and review and revise as necessary, for each phase of the project.
- Communicate requirements to project team.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the client on quality issues.
- Establish Project Quality Objectives and KPIs.
- Establish a system of Quality Control on the project and to manage that system at all levels. This includes establishing handover structure from the outset of the project and measuring progress.
- Prepare a list of Management System Documentation applicable to the project and keep this up to date as the project progresses.
- Advise on the preparation of other project documents, such as Project Environmental Management Plan, Project Health & Safety.
- Management Plan, Project Cost Plan, Project Risk Management Plan, etc, and to ensure these documents are prepared by appropriate members of the project team for each phase of the project and reviewed and revised as necessary.
- Carry out quality system audits on all suppliers, including design consultants.
- Review and assess Quality documentation submitted for acceptance
- Develop project quality training programme and ensure project personnel receive appropriate training.
- Advise the project team on use of the company’s intranet-based Management System.
- Write any project-specific procedures necessary to undertake the work, and advise the project team on their use.
- Compile monthly reports
- Record non-conformances, assess and implement both corrections and corrective actions.
- Understand what BIM is, the contextual requirement for BIM Level 2
- Assist the business/project in achieving the objectives/targets set in the Carbon Strategy within your specific work activities.