Job Title: Quality & Environmental Advisor
Location: Stafford (With associated site travel, as required)
Sector: Highways, Rail, Construction, Structures, Quality Management, Environmental Management
Start Date: Q3 2021
Job Type: Permanent Role
Salary: Circa £40,000 to £50,000 Per Annum + Package
** (Base salary can be negotiated on level/relevant experience)
Our client, a growing Civil Engineering and Construction subcontractor, who operate across the Highways, Rail and Construction sector, have an excellent opportunity available for experienced Quality & Environmental Advisor to join their team on a permanent basis, where you will get the opportunity to work on key Infrastructure and Construction projects. The role will suit a dynamic and enthusiastic individual who will push to ensure that projects are delivered to exceptional quality, environmental and safety standards.
Day to day, the role will entail administering QSE management systems and completing auditing of QSE systems and site activities, as well as supporting the wide HQSE Department, site and regional office staff, to ensure company compliance, with the management Systems and Environmental + QA documentation.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Administering & over time, evolving the Management Systems in accordance with the business needs, relevant standards, and group decisions, making suggestions for changes and improvements.
- Developing and maintaining company audit systems, to ensure that business processes are compliant with the company management systems, across all projects and activities.
- Implementing the internal audit programme.
- Driving quality assurance and control at a business and project level, making sure that key procedures are followed throughout the company.
- Monitoring performance and identifying any areas of weakness, recommending and implementing improvements.
- Producing monthly statistical reports and presenting information at the review meetings.
- Leading continuous improvement of standard practices and procedures, through stakeholder engagement.
- Working collaboratively with managers and staff, providing training, tools and techniques, to enable others to achieve the requirements of the management systems and how to use them effectively.
- Representing the company at external audits, both accreditation bodies and clients.
- Providing practical Quality and Environmental Support to regional offices and site activities.
- Undertaking Statutory and Group Environmental reporting.
- Managing the approval process for sub-contractors and suppliers, in collaboration with the purchasing department.
- Reviewing customer requirements and making sure they are met.
- Acting as Deputy Sentinel Coordinator. (Rail)
Candidates will ideally have:
- Previous experience working in a similar role, having ideally working within the Rail / Highways / Construction / Infrastructure sector previously, operating in a complex multi-disciplinary environment.
- Relevant qualifications or memberships, such as IEMA, Internal Auditor (Desirable not essential: Chartership / Chartered status, IRCA Trained Auditor).
- A good understanding of and how to interpret ISO standards including QMS 9001, EMS 14001 & SMS 45001.
- A strong knowledge of LEAN principles. (Desirable not essential)
- Experience of developing / implementing management systems.
- Good communication and IT skills (MS Office, Word + Excel minimum).
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- A willingness to work with sites based teams, traveling to offices and sites across the UK (as required).
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.