Job Title: Project Planner (Highways)
Start Date: Q1 2021
Sectors: Highways, Highways England, Motorways, Junction Improvement, Civil Engineering
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: Circa £46,000 to £52,000 + Per Annum + Package (Salary negotiable on relevant experience)
Our client, a growing Civil Engineering Contractor who operate within the Highways sector, is currently recruiting a Project Planner on a permanent basis, to help deliver upcoming Highways Infrastructure projects nationally. They are looking for someone who work as part of their design and build team, working on multidisciplinary Highways and Civil Engineering schemes, to ensure smooth delivery of projects.
In this role, you will create and update programmes of work for Highways projects, working with both design and site based teams, to ensure that feasible plans are created and delivered, working with the wider team to push and deliver programmes of work.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Creating programmes of work to NEC3/NEC4 and JCT contract requirements.
- Programme planning and the management of tender, bid and live projects.
- Understanding all project data, to integrate into programme construction activities.
- Completing accurate and feasible plans, reporting on project progress, critical path analysis and live project monitoring.
- Developing supplementary quality submission information for tenders, including methodology, traffic management, resource allocations etc.
- Creating short term programmes of work for site team scheduling.
- Tracking and identifying changes to accepted programme of work, under NEC3/NEC4 and JCT contracts
- Presenting changes and providing an impact update to stakeholders.
- Updating programmes of work, in line with project progression.
- Maintaining project status reports for internal reporting.
- Completing site visits and meeting with site teams, as required.
- Developing and creating internal and external reports.
- Liaising with Site Managers and Engineers, to discuss project progression, assisting with an issues.
- Liaising with subcontractors and the wider supply chain, organising construction development phases.
- Creating as-built programmes.
Candidates will ideally:
- Hold a relevant qualification in Engineering / Planning / Construction (or similar)
- Have a strong working knowledge of Highways projects, ideally having successfully delivered projects valued between £1 Million and £20 Million (or above).
- Have a strong working knowledge of planning software, such as Asta Powerproject, Primavera P6, MS Project.
- Have a strong working knowledge of NEC3 and JCT forms of contract. (OR NEC4).
- Have a strong technical understanding of heavy civil engineering techniques used with the Highways sector (An engineering background is preferred but is not essential).
For more information or to apply for the role, please contact Tim Smyth on LinkedIn or via
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.