Project Manager - Yorkshire Water projects - Wakefield - £55k-£65k+package (car/allowance, pension, healthcare) - established major construction/civil engineering business with a strng order book in the region.
Project Manager, experienced in successfully delivering schemes of varying sizes predominately to the Water Industry in sewage and clean water. Reporting to the Contracts Manager, you will be a key member of the project delivery team to ensure the design, procurement, financial control and site activities are achieved.
- Assuming responsibility for the management of project delivery outputs including programme, financial position, health safety, quality, environmental performance and progress for all allocated schemes.
- The ability to manage staff at varying levels, providing leadership, staff development and retention of key personnel.
- To have a good understanding of NEC 3 / NEC 4 contract conditions and an astute commercial awareness.
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered in accordance with current Health & Safety regulations, inc of CDM, & Environmental legislation.
- Review/assessment of in-house/subcontractor RAMS, Process Impact Assessments and Environmental legislation.
- To ensure compliance with all company safety, environmental and quality systems.
- Liaise with client’s staff to ensure KPI’s are met or exceeded within budget constraints
- To manage the project team ensuring that each member has a clear set of objectives. To develop and motivate all team members.
- To assist the Senior Leadership Team with the development of the direct labour resources.
- To assume responsibility of the financial performance of each project with overall responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts undertaken
- To participate in monthly financial reviews for all schemes with the Contracts Manager, ensuring that each scheme has an accurate financial performance report.
- To ensure compliance with all company commercial and financial procedures.
- Complete Contractual Change Control documentation.
- Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
- Prepare estimates and quotations & provide tender vetting for others in line with tendering and review process.
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions in line with client specifications.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
- Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- Attend site visits/meetings.
- To ensure all contract documentation such as, “As built” drawings, Commissioning Manuals and Operation and Maintenance Manuals are prepared in line with the client specifications and client closeout timescales
Experience and Qualifications:
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
- H&S qualification
- IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management (SMSTS),
- CSCS card
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Project
- Strong team player but also able to work as an individual
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Able to work in a busy environment under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face)
- Possess a “can do” attitude and provide to support to other members of the team as required