Project Manager – South Yorkshire
My client are a family-owned heavy civils contractor, specializing in the waterways and water infrastructure sectors. They are currently seeking a Project Manager to join the team. The ideal candidate for this position will either be an experienced Project Manager or a Site Manager looking to take the next step in their career. The company is committed to self-delivering heavy civils schemes to the highest standards.
As a Project Manager, you will report to the Contracts Manager and play a pivotal role in the successful delivery of multiple construction sites. You will be an integral part of our project delivery team, collaborating closely with the Works Manager, Quantity Surveyors, and the procurement department. This role will require effective time management to accommodate regular site visits and necessary meetings. We offer a flexible approach to off-site work, with options for working from our offices or remotely.
- Pre-construction activities such as early contractor involvement, tender programmes, and value engineering.
- Taking full responsibility for the program, cost, and value of active projects.
- Liaising with clients to ensure smooth project execution and maintaining strong relationships.
- Administering the NEC contract, including raising contractual notices like Early Warnings and Notification of Compensation Events.
- Updating construction programs to demonstrate progress and change.
- Monitoring and managing health and safety compliance on projects.
- Preparing and overseeing the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) and ensuring its completion.
- Managing and providing support to Site Managers, Engineers, and Supervisors on assigned projects.
- Coordinating temporary works and planning safety-critical activities, such as crane lifts, floating plant operations, piling, and pressure testing.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- HND, degree, or similar qualification in Construction or Civil Engineering.
- Strong IT skills.
- Excellent time management abilities.
- Team-oriented mindset.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in heavy civils management.
- CITB SMSTS or NEBOSH equivalent certification.
- CSCS card.
If you are a dedicated and experienced Project Manager or a Site Manager with the ambition to step up in your career, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. The team are committed to delivering excellence in heavy civils construction and infrastructure development. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the North of England’s growing companies who have exciting plans for near future in the region. For more information on this role please contact Jack Burton on 07809426902 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org