Are you a Project Manager looking to work on some of the highest profile projects in the UK?
The Northeast team with our client is undergoing a period of growth, due to increased client demand we are looking for experienced and aspiring project managers to join an experienced and supportive team.
Working across a range of prestigious infrastructure projects, stemming from sectors including, transportation (rail/aviation), highways and utilities we are confident you will diversify your project experience with us. Our clients are at the forefront of industry leading change, and we are keen to speak to like-minded individuals at various stages within their career to see what we can offer you.
To lead Project Management Commissions, taking responsibility for end-to-end service delivery, often with respect to large or complex projects.
To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards.
Project Managers handle commissions of varying sizes, depending upon the complexity of the project, etc. Typically, projects fall within the £10m to £25m range. However, where the service provided is advisory in nature, for example advising on urban re-generation funding, the overall project size may be much larger.
Project management, to include:
- Advising at a strategic level at the project inception stage, including providing advice on the different approaches that can be adopted to successfully achieve the client’s overall objectives.
- Preparing and maintaining definitions of project requirements
- Helping to establish the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters.
- Establishing effective project governance, processes, and systems to be utilised throughout project.
- Preparing and maintaining schedules of activity, including producing the master project plan
- Managing the development of the project in accordance with approved plans and targets
- Developing and implementing resource plans and procurement of resources
- Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques, including the use of KPI’s to improve project performance.
- Managing the change control process
- Developing and agreeing budgets and controlling forecast and actual costs against them
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Identifying and monitoring project risks and planning and implementing risk mitigations
- Preparing formal project progress and other reports
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client, other consultants, and managing stakeholders at all project stages
- Advising the client regarding Health & Safety and Environmental issues and risks
- Planning for and the ongoing management of quality, safety, health, and environment issues
- A Project Manager will in part be judged by the extent to which:
- Projects are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently, on time and to budget.
- Project delivery meets the client’s objectives and is in line with the conditions of appointment.
- The project team is led effectively.
- Strong relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team.
- General line management responsibilities (where appropriate) are effectively discharged.
- Business development opportunities with existing and new clients, including cross- selling opportunities, are identified, and acted upon
- The internal financial status of all projects is effectively monitored.
- Key information and data are effectively cascaded and appropriately retained.
- NEC (3/4) accreditation (preferred)
- Preferred if chartered/qualified with ICE, APM, RICS etc.
- Candidates will ideally be degree qualified in a construction related subject.
SOX control responsibilities may be part of this role, which are to be adhered to where applicable.
Please contact Reuben on 0113 242 0303 or email@example.com