Busy Cardiff engineering team which specialises in providing development infrastructure solutions
from feasibility, planning, through to full implementation predominantly within the housing sector is looking for a Principal Engineer to join their team.
They work very closely with their layout and architecture side of the business to provide clients with the best co-ordinated approach and are seeking to recruit a Principal/Senior Engineer to join them.
The client provides high level advice to private sector clients relating to Highways, Public Realm, Sewerage, SUDS, Building Drainage, Earthworks, Flood Protection and Services Co-ordination and Utilities Diversions. They provide full SuDS design in accordance Sewer Sector Guide and Schedule 3
predominantly on Residential and strategic sites.
The team also works closely with other disciplines on high profile major multi-disciplinary projects,
contributing to the success of the Cardiff based teams.
Typical responsibilities include:
* Being active on several project/client accounts at any given time
* Client and design team liaison and some sub project management duties (depending on
your level of experience)
* Being responsible or actively engaged (depending on experience) for ensuring your projects
are delivered to budget, programme and technical standards and meet QA, CDM and HSE
Essential Skills and knowledge:
* Post graduate experience or have equivalent commercial experience and responsibility
* Demonstrable knowledge of, and experience in highway design, drainage strategy and
design, FCA/FRA and management, S104/S38/S278 as well as a wide knowledge of the
* A good appreciation of hydraulics, hydrology and general appreciation of geotechnics and
building structures is desirable
* The ability to produce masterplan appraisals, site specific appraisals, technical reports,
FCA/FRA's, design calculations and construction drawings
* Good knowledge of the relevant design codes such as Sewers for Adoption, DMRB, Manual
for Streets and Local Authority Design Guides, be well versed in the preparation of drawings
for Contract Documents and technical approvals under S278/S38
* Good written and spoken communication skills and experience of liaison with clients, coprofessionals and design teams, and be competent in liaising with highway, water, statutory
and local authorities to negotiate the necessary outline and detailed technical approvals
* Knowledge of current and emerging technical and planning guidance on climate change
and sustainability, Schedule 3 and SSG in Wales and England respectively.
* The ability to use, direct and check the use of relevant software including WINDES/PDS Flow
and Civils 3D/ PDS
Excellent salary and benefits package available for the right person as well as ongoing development and training.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.