I have been asked to assist in identifying a high quality Principal Engineer to join - and bring value to - my Client's busy team in South Yorkshire.
What is the purpose of this role?
My Client is once again rapidly expanding and looking to recruit Principal Civil Engineers to support their ongoing and increasing workload for both public and private sector clients on a wide variety of development and Highway schemes.
Current projects include:
- Delivery Integrated Partner (DIP) Framework for delivering major Highway Projects - M6 J19 improvements
- Sheffield PFI - Highway Design for improvements on the network
- £500m Designers on Smart Motorway Projects - M1 corridor, M25, M42/M40
- Lead designer on a £5m Highway improvement scheme
- TransPennine Route upgrade - drainage design
- Staffordshire iPlus contract - Highways and Drainage support
- £30m New 5km trunk road in Manchester - Lead Designer and PM
- £4m Grey to Green Phase 2 for Sheffield City Council - Lead Designer and supervision
- Highways England - Flooding hotspots and alleviation works for Areas 13 and 14
- Kings Cross drainage improvement works
- Trafford Structural Maintenance Programme
- Various developer lead improvements to Container Depots in the UK
- Supporting Staffordshire Lead Local Flood Authority with PLR schemes and HS2 consenting
What will this role involve?
In a typical week you will:
Assist in the leading role in the Civils Infrastructure team
Take ownership of schemes
Undertake Design Lead role on multiple project work either as a Design Lead on large projects or as Project Manager leading a multi-disciplinary team
Fulfil design management and discipline role within a design team
Undertake CDM Principal Designer roles on a project.
Be a Checker and Approver of Drawings and Designs.
Experience in the use of AutoCAD, Civils 3D and Micro-drainage
Delegate and manage a team
Undertake Line Manager responsibilities
Prepare fee proposals and manage fee spend on schemes
Account and Office responsibilities are the responsibilities of others in the Hub
Experience in working on both Local Authority and developer-led schemes as part of a multi-disciplinary design team
Civils design experience including:
Site Development and Layouts
Highway improvement, alignment, and development Schemes (including S38 and S278 agreements)
Client contact and management.
Produce and check design concepts, calculations, design details, drawings specifications, and other technical documents
Civil Engineering Design to DMRB standards
Take technical ownership of activities that will include the preparation of highway design solutions for civil engineering works at preliminary and detailed design stages, providing support to Senior Engineers.
Manage fee for your schemes, identifying change notifications for any change of scope imposed.
Lead Graduates and Technicians in preparing design solutions for civil engineering projects at preliminary and detailed design stages.
What are they looking for?
The ideal candidate would be a Chartered Engineer status (CEng, IEng + MICE, CMIHT) with consultancy experience in Highway and Civil Engineering.
Individuals without relevant professional membership but relevant experience in lieu are also welcome to apply and all submissions will be considered to fulfil the growth aspirations of the business.
If this sounds like the kind of role you could successfully take hold of and make your own, please contact me using the details below at the earliest opportunity.
I have placed many candidates with this client, and every single one is glad they took the leap!
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.