My client has asked me to assist in identifying and placing a Principal Designer required for a fit-out project at ONS Newport
This project will be focusing on the internal aspects of the building and is initially anticipated to be a 6 month contract.
Principal designers have an important role in influencing how risks to health and safety are managed throughout a project.
Design decisions made during the pre-construction phase have a significant influence in ensuring the project is delivered in a way that secures the health and safety of everyone affected by the work
This Principal designer role would involve:
* Plan, manage, monitor, and coordinate health and safety in the pre-construction phase. In doing so they must take account of relevant information (such as an existing health and safety file) that might affect design work carried out both before and after the construction phase has started
* Help and advise the client in bringing together pre-construction information, and provide the information designers and contractors need to carry out their duties
* Work with any other designers on the project to eliminate foreseeable health and safety risks to anyone affected by the work and, where that is not possible, take steps to reduce or control those risks
* Ensure that everyone involved in the pre-construction phase communicates and cooperates, coordinating their work wherever required
* Liaise with the principal contractor, keeping them informed of any risks that need to be controlled during the construction phase
* Carry out on site structured audits and reports
* Review and comment on method and risk assessments as required
If your skills and experience match the role outlined above, please send your CV at the earliest opportunity!
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.