Job Title: Plant Manager (HS2 - Earthworks, Structures, Drainage)
Location: HS2 Central (C2 / C3) Aylesbury, Brackley, Banbury, Milton Keynes
Sector: Earthworks, Drainage, Infrastructure, Rail (NON-PTS)
Start Date: Q2 2021
Job Type: Permanent Role
Salary: Circa £40,000 to £50,000 Per Annum + Package
**Salary negotiable on relevant experience and level**
Our client, a growing Civil Engineering and Construction Contractor, who operate within the Infrastructure sector, has an excellent opportunity available for a Plant Manager to join their team on a permanent basis, managing upcoming self-delivered HS2 works, over the coming years. Our client is self-delivering various along the route of the HS2 scheme, inclusive of earthworks, bulk muckshift, remediation, piling, drainage, culverts, structures and tunnelling, using a variety of heavy plant and machinery to delivery these works.
In this role you will be responsible for overseeing the procurement, allocation and cost of associated plant, as well as organising and managing plant repair and maintenance programmes / servicing procedures. You will be responsible for the management of Health, Safety and Environmental matters within the plant department, liaising with internal staff, plant suppliers and subcontractors, to ensure that on-site plant and machinery meet specified standards set out by HS2. You will also ensure that on-site plant meets the required standards of plant maintenance and repair, to ensure it is fit for use.
Finally, you will be required to liaise with the internal Project Manager, to understand future works and project programmes, ensuring that plant is available and used as effectively as possible, on the scheme.
Daily duties with include but are not limited to:
- Overall management and direction of the plant, machinery, equipment operations and resources required, for the delivery of the Earthworks, Structures and Drainage works on site.
- Implementing safe systems of work for the operation, maintenance and repair of all plant and equipment mobilized on site.
- Holding responsibility of Earthworks and Groundworks plant and equipment, including machinery allocation and budget, including basic financial forecasts.
- Reviewing applicable Method Statements and Risk Assessments, related to his scope of work, including Task Briefings and ensuring they are disclosed to personal.
- Reviewing and approving any Subcontractors and Supplier Method Statements and Risk Assessments, produced for crossover work activities, including Task Briefings.
- Approving Inspection and Test Plans (ITP's) produced by the works section, when regards the use of Plant.
- Establishing and maintaining key supplier relationships for spare parts, on-site technical services, consumables and other related services.
- Identifying and arranging training for mechanical support staff and advising on plant procurement.
- Heading up implementation and application of safety procedures, as per company policy, regularly inspecting plant.
- Supervising plant repairs at site depots, including the preparation for annual technical testing of all plant.
- Supervising the collation of lifting equipment and other safety related documentation.
- Allocating duties to area plant personnel, with control of working hours.
- Liaising with Project Managers for the correct deployment of plant on site ensuring operators are competent and in possession of the appropriate company authorisation card / licence.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification in Plant Management / Plant Operations (such as an NVQ (or similar).
- Previous experience working as a Plant Manager level, on large scale construction / infrastructure projects.
- Previous experience working with heavy earthworks plant, machinery and equipment.
- Relevant experience of the strategic management of a large plant fleet, including logistics, procurement, operations, maintenance and repair activities, ideally with large construction / earthmoving equipment.
- Prior experience working on Structures, Highways, Utilities or Earthworks projects, with an ability to assess site plant requirements and provide timely and effective solutions.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.