We are currently working with a leading Facilities Service provider to recruit an Operations Manager for a large PFI healthcare contract in the High Wycombe area
Summary of Role:
Project Managers have typically stepped up from a Senior Site Manager role and are making the transition from Site Management to Project Management. They provide a supporting role to the Contract Manager often taking responsibility for a section of works or for managing all site and construction activities dependant on project set-up. Whilst there is a considerable degree of learning to undertake in making the transition, in particular familiarity with all commercial reporting procedures, they will be exceptionally competent individuals very capable of taking the lead in the absence of the Contracts Manager.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Identify project critical success factors, translates and communicates to the team as project milestones.
* Determines project set-up and clearly communicates all roles and responsibilities. This may be via a project organogram.
* Sets up a change control process that takes full account of the contract requirements and communicates across team.
* Sets up the document control system to optimise distribution of information.
* Promotes and actively participates in knowledge share events.
* Operates effectively to recruit a team and set-up a new project inclusive of all PEP documentation, client specific documents etc.
* Participates in tenders and PQQ's to benefit the company.
* Develop project programme with knowledge of critical path, float and risk and opportunity.
* Gives full consideration to all restrictions and links in client and third party approvals with design and delivery of construction.
* Fully aware of the resource requirements of the project and makes arrangements to meet these needs.
* Works with the supply chain to establish effective relationships and ensure continuous improvement.
* Working with the planning and project controls team to establish progress to date & forecasts and ensure that monthly reporting is accurate.
* Manages project activities to ensure works remain on target and takes action as required to rectify problems.
* Works with the commercial team to ensure that the CVR is set-up and monthly reporting is accurate.
* Leads in the production of the PM Report and chairs the monthly Project Review Meeting.
* Sets up processes to ensure the effective management of reporting such as record sheets, site instructions, design team hours etc.
* Organises subcontractors and suppliers with commercial / procurement team.
CSCS:CSCS or alternative desired
Qualifications: HNC/HND in suitable subject such as management or engineering fields desired
Professional Membership: Professional membership desirable, chartered Engineer desired
Experience of management a complex estates portfolio
Experience in the management of Healthcare facilites.
A working knowledge of PFi contracts to support service delivery
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.