Job Title: MEP Manager
- Location: Milton Keynes
- Sector: Construction / Infrastructure / Utilities / Engineering Services
- Start Date: Immediate
- Job Type: Permanent Role
- Salary: £50,000 - £65,000, negotiable based on experience and level
Responsible for the successful delivery of a £22m M&E package on a new build facility in Milton Keynes. Acts as the subject matter expert for all things Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP), providing guidance and identifying potential issues related to building services. Collaborates closely with site teams and business leaders to drive improvements in Building Services processes and strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage a £22m M&E package on a new build facility.
- Attend site visits and recommend a strategy for services delivery.
- Review and ensure compliance with building regulations and standards, including fire protection design.
- Provide input into the project risk/opportunity register.
- Liaise with services consultants and subcontractors.
- Review subcontractor tender returns and produce cost comparisons.
- Advise on appropriate clarifications and exclusions.
- Work in accordance with the company's Quality, Environmental, and Safety Management System standards.
- Investigate and capitalize on repeat business opportunities.
- Maintain and nurture strong relationships with external parties and promote teamwork internally.
- Ensure department operations comply with the company's Health & Safety policy.
- Mentor and support your team, providing direction, regular feedback, and development opportunities.
- Perform any other duties consistent with the role of MEP Manager as required.
- Minimum of 3-4 years relevant industry experience.
- Membership in an industry-related professional body (e.g., CIBSE, ASHRAE, IEE).
- Working towards MCIOB / CIBSE.
- Strong design experience.
- Excellent IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in complex and geographically dispersed construction or built environment businesses.
- Ability to undertake project planning, project management, and work to budgets.
- Commitment to continual learning and development.
- Strong understanding of the construction process.
- Self-starter with high levels of initiative, tenacity, and self-motivation.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Methodical, analytical, and organized with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong leadership skills and motivation to mentor junior team members.
- Effective team player open to feedback and willing to learn and improve.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Scott Robbins on LinkedIn or via Scott.Robbins@anderselite.com.