Job Title: MEI Manager (Water - AMP7)
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Sector: Water, AMP7, Infrastructure, Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Minor Civils
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q3 2021
Salary: Circa £52,000 to £55,000 Per Annum + Package
** (Base salary can be negotiated on level/relevant experience)
Our client, an established MEICA contractor within the Water sector, is currently recruiting an MEI Manager to join their team on a permanent basis, centrally managing and supporting the wider MEI Team, across the business, prioritising workload, strategy and compliance, across the team.
The role will suit candidates with strong water experience, who demonstrate strong commercial acumen, playing a key part in delivering specialist water projects, up to £1 Million in value, including a variety of Electrical / Instrumentation / Controls / SCADA / Telemetry works, up to the value of £1 Million, including related mechanical and civils works (minor works).
You will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of multiple MEICA projects, including complete project and programme management, guiding Project Management staff and assisting in the commercial aspects of each project. Works including the delivery of specialist works within the Water industry, including works part of the AMP7 framework.
Daily duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Taking full responsibility for MEI contractual obligations (including Profit & Loss).
- Rebuilding and restructuring the MEI department as required.
- Providing guidance and supervision to the project management staff.
- Providing a high level of technical expertise, supporting your team and MEI staff, to ensure skills and competency levels continually improve, identifying any training requirements.
- Overseeing / planning resource availability and skills requirements, liaising with internal staff to secure multi-disciplined internal labour.
- Regularly meeting with the Project Managers in your team, to ensure project visibility and progress.
- Providing regular feedback on operational issues / concerns to stakeholders and senior managers
- Monitoring project budgets and project performance, assisting with data for commercial invoicing.
- Ensuring that all Health & Safety processes and procedures are followed, in turn ensuring the safety of all employees, clients and the general public.
- Ensuring continuous improvement, with the efficiency of the MEI department .
- Ensuring department KPI's are met / exceeded.
- Assisting with project contract and cost negotiations, as required.
- Ensuring that all internal company policies / procedures are adhered to.
- Following the procedures as laid out within the Integrated Management Systems of the company.
- Maintaining company confidentiality as required.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant professional qualification (ideally electrically bias).
- A competent knowledge of Electrical and Instrumentation works, up to the value of £1 Million, including related mechanical and civils works (minor works).
- Previous experience working in a similar role, within the Water sector.
- Strong commercial acumen, including budget management and commercial contract negotiations etc.
- Strong communication, organisation and time management skills.
- Strong I.T. skills, with experience of AutoCAD, Outlook, Excel & Word etc.
- A working knowledge of NEC forms of contracts.
- A working knowledge of CDM Regulations.
For more information or to apply for the role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5524 or via LinkedIn.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.