Job Roles: Mechanical Design Engineer
Sector: Water, AMP7, WTW, WwTW, Sewage, Environment Agency, Flood Defence
Start Date: Q2 2021
Job Type: Permanent Roles
Salary: Circa £35,000 to £44,000 Per Annum + Package
**Salary is negotiable on relevant experience / level**
Our client, a large multidisciplinary Civil Engineering & Infrastructure Design Consultancy is currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. The role will suit candidates with strong water/wastewater sector experience (Design) and will involve working on AMP7 projects within the Severn Trent Water region, providing mechanical design support.
In this role, you will work as part of a growing team, responsible for managing design deliverables for small and large scale water projects, inclusive of water treatment works, wastewater / sewage treatment works and other associated water infrastructure projects.
The role will suit candidates who have previous experience working within the Water sector, ideally on AMP6 / AMP7 projects (Infra or Non Infra), or candidates who have delivered works on similar infrastructure schemes. This role will offer continual career progression, working with other experienced professionals.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Working collaboratively with team members and with the client team.
- Supporting the technical development of the overall team and supervising the work of mechanical engineers, providing technical and professional guidance to aid their development.
- Contributing to the development of an engaging team culture, identifying and addressing competency gaps.
- Delivering mechanical engineering design, including design quality control processes.
- Preparing and analysing key mechanical options, for review and agreement with the client and key project stakeholders, ensuring risks and gaps are mitigated.
- Producing technical specifications and equipment schedules.
- Completing design calculations facilitating the sizing of mechanical, hydraulic, power generating and building services equipment.
- Engaging collaboratively with suppliers and subcontractors and undertaking technical reviews of design.
- Collaborating with the design team to develop 3D models and solutions.
- Contributing to P&IDs and data sheets, HAZOP studies and commissioning plans, including proposed performance tests.
- Supporting the team in the drive towards excellence in Health & Safety, demonstrating applied knowledge and skills to produce safe designs to discharge your obligation according to CDM Regulations and standards
- Appreciating the competing tensions of time, cost, and quality.
- Managing safety, wellbeing, environment, and sustainability within your designs.
- Understanding client standards and ensure that the mechanical design outputs comply with the required standards and quality requirements to achieve client acceptance.
- Identifying opportunities to innovate and develop the client's standards to achieve value and efficiencies.
- Contributing to achieving high client KPM scores.
- Following company practices, developing relationships with the wider group, to enhance performance.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification bias towards Mechanical Engineering (i.e. Degree)]
- Previous experience working within the water or wastewater sector, on non-infrastructure, and infrastructure design AMP6 / AMP7 projects.
- A broad experience of pumped systems. (For Pumping Stations etc)
- A broad understanding of the water sector, inclusive of process plant and electrical and control systems.
- Used software packages for carrying out mechanical design calculations.
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Understanding of designer's responsibilities under CDM.
- Proven record in mentoring and developing junior staff in design.
- An understanding of programme, budget and quality requirements.
- An understanding of procurement and construction.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520 for more information.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.