Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer (Clean Water)
Sectors: Water, Mechanical, Utilities, Infrastructure, Civil Engineering
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: £40,000 to £60,000 Per Annum + Package (**Negotiable based on level/relevant experience**)
Our client, a specialist M&E Contractor within the Water and Wastewater sector, is currently looking for Mechanical Design Engineers to join their Clean Water team on a permanent basis. They design and implement a large range of schemes within the Water sector, related to pumping, moving and treating water (From small-scale pump replacement projects through to large-scale water networks and treatment plants).
Here you will get the opportunity to work on a wide range of diverse projects, predominately within the Clean Water sector, across a large client base, where strong relationships have been forged over the past 20+ years.
You will be responsible for the production and coordination of outline and detailed Design Deliverables, on combined Process / Mechanical / Electrical schemes within the clean water sector. This role will entail design works for the Mechanical aspects of projects.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ascertaining Clients requirements either through reference to their specification documents or more likely through visiting sites with their nominated personnel.
- Determine operational requirement and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Working alongside the Design Team Lead / Lead designer, and where applicable the Project Manager, to ensure scheme designs are value engineered and adhere to client specifications.
- Promoting innovation and challenging parties involved to ensure cost effectiveness in all design activities.
- Providing engineering calculations and solutions from inception to completion of schemes utilising our design partners, individual knowledge, site installation and construction personnel.
- Closely coordinate design productions between their in house design teams, external design companies, suppliers and subcontractors, and where applicable client's designers.
- Ensuring designs are approved by the client (where applicable) in accordance with the timescales stipulated within the contract.
- Ensuring all design work is completed to agreed programmes, financial budgets, KPI’s and to a high-quality complying with internal design procedures.
- Attending internal and external design reviews and progress meetings, which may include travel.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification related to Mechanical (i.e. BEng/BSc or equivalent).
- Working experience in hydraulic calculations, including but not limited to pipelines, pump duties etc.
- Good Commercial and Contractual awareness.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- The ability to prioritise a varied workload, demonstrating good time management to comply with deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face).
- (Desirable) Experience working within / An understanding of water and sewage treatment processes
- (Desirable) Willing to progress to Chartered Engineer status
- (Desirable) Experience with AutoCAD, Revit and FEA software's (Advantageous)
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520.