Job Title: Managing Quantity Surveyor (Water Sector)
Start Date: Q1 2021
Sectors: Water, Waste Water, Sewage Treatment
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: Circa £55,000 to £65,000 + Per Annum + Package (Salary negotiable on relevant experience)
Our client, a growing Civil Engineering Contractor who operate within the Water sector, is currently recruiting for a Managing Quantity Surveyor, looking for someone to join their team on a permanent basis, to help deliver upcoming projects within the wastewater sector, typically valued between £10 Million and £30 Million (or above). They are looking for someone who has previously worked within the water sector, who can manage a team of quantity surveyors, ensuring accurate cost control, cashflow management and financial reporting, working with the wider operations team to ensure profitability on works delivering, including Civil Engineer, M&E and MEICA works.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the proposals team to evaluate risk and opportunity during tender preparation.
- Attending post tender and pre-contract meetings.
- Reviewing contract documents to ensure protection from onerous terms and conditions.
- Assessing contract risk, working with the site team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
- Managing commercial staff (Surveyors) and delegating workload.
- Undertaking cost to complete / budget reviews with the contract delivery teams.
- Managing work stream level risk and opportunity.
- Attending internal and external commercial review meetings.
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Managing commercial aspects of subcontract accounts, from procurement to interim and final account.
- Completing final account negotiation, achieving the best possible outcome.
- Preparing / Assisting the Commercial Manager with the evaluation and submission of claims for variations.
- Working with the commercial and operational teams to strive for continuous improvement.
- Maximising value, minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage operating cost base.
- Working with the operational teams to deliver and manage performance against the Profit Improvement Plan.
- Managing commercial performance against business targets and Framework KPI's.
- Ensuring that the delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances.
- Promoting a culture of integration, continuous improvement and use of best practice across the client base.
- Ensuring that the group commercial policies are adhered to and that the requirements of legislation are met.
- Ensuring that cashflow is maximised including ensuring that payments are received on time.
- Preparing monthly management and financial performance reports.
- Assisting in the development of commercial staff though coaching and mentoring.
Candidates will ideally:
- Hold a relevant qualification, such as a degree or HNC, in Quantity Surveying (or similar)
- Have previous experience working within the Water sector, ideally on AMP6 projects. (Wastewater / Sewage projects ideally)
- Have experience of commercially managing large/complex civil projects in excess of £10 Million.
- Have a strong knowledge of NEC Forms of Contract, alongside commercial / contractual awareness.
- Be IT literate and able to prepare financial reports.
For more information or to apply for the role, please contact Tim Smyth on LinkedIn or via
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.