Anderselite have been contracted to source a Managing Quantity Surveyor to support a sizable Commercial Team within a well-known Civil & Rail business spread across the UK.
The flexible role is to be based out of their South Yorkshire office and will require frequent travel to sites across the North.
In this role, you will be challenged to manage a new team with up to 10 staff members that cover many Infrastructure, Rail and large Civil projects.
You will also need to:
• Ensure robust, accurate and timely cost and value reporting at both project and business unit level
• Ensure accurate cash flow reporting takes place
• Carry out cost management including forecasting
• Update the monthly CVR, cost and commercial plans and have accountability, along with the project team for the commercial performance and strategy
• Ensure that any main contracts entered have terms and conditions that are appropriate for the business, with commercial risks identified.
• Ensure that the supply chain is engaged appropriately with the correct contract terms and conditions
• Ensure that good client relationships are fostered. Be responsible for subcontract letting, negotiation and financial accounting Internal relationships
• Effectively assist in managing the commercial team, including cost clerks and commercial support staff
• Ensure effective interaction between the commercial team and the operational site teams Supervise and mentor Quantity Surveyors
The role offers great responsibility for the candidate that wants to step up into a very promising future and requires real focus with a disciplined character. In exchange they offer a fantastic salary & package and they hope to have all new staff on a very, very long-term basis.
If you think that this role is for you and you would like to know more or be considered for the role, then please submit you CV today for consideration.