Job title -Managing Quantity Surveyor
My client is an award winning national contractor. A fantastic opportunity within this established Construction business. They are recruiting for an ambitious and talented Managing Quantity Surveyor.
They are looking for people who share a passion for construction, commercial management as well as being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment. The successful candidate will be joining an existing team of highly skilled, professional and dedicated commercial professionals.
My client is seeking an individual from a strong main contractiong building background. The ideal candidate will have new build and fit out project experience. They are looking for an experienced managing quantity surveyor who has a wealth of knowledge in the main contracting market along with experience managing and controlling the commercial aspects of a variety of projects, supported by the ability and determination to build and maintain respectful, trusting and productive relationships with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
Previous experience of working on Retail, Industrial and Commercial schemes between £5 and £20 million is an advantage.
My client would entertain those who are already at Managing QS level and also those that possess the necessary experience and are ready to step up from Senior QS level.
While the successful individual will initially be working largely from home it is expected that time progresses the ideal candidate willing travel to the site in South Yorkshire once a fortnight.
* Procurement - confident preparing and issuing ITT documentation to subcontractors
* Producing documentation to a high standard- demonstrable evidence
* Carrying out the necessary work, including liaison with the other project disciplines to eliminate scope gaps from the procurement process
* Reviewing tenders, and analysing returns against the cost plan and other tenderers
* Challenging tender returns if non-compliant
* Adherence to company and project processes and procedures.
* Production of tender evaluation and recommendation reports
* Seeking authorisation from project leads and director
*D&B experience important
* Good attention to detail
* Good communicator
* Confident at negotiation
* Confident managing a procurement process
* Production of reports
As a managing quantity surveyor, you will:
* Provide accurate financial reporting on individual projects
* Collate, review financially and report on other projects
* Supervise, support and advise direct reports
* Take an active lead of the financial aspects and advise direct reports in the delivery of Pre-construction activities.
* Place subcontracts in accordance with the main contract and the companies policies and procedures
* Advise other project surveyors of opportunities to maximise values and minimise costs.
* Ensure direct reports follow the correct procedures
up to £68,000
Car allowance / Company car
Please email to apply or ring me 07980 006 436
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.