Our client is one of the fastest growing modular build contractors in the UK. The business typically work on projects ranging from £3 million through to £15 million and are on a number of public sector frameworks. The majority of their projects are within the education sector ranging from extensions through to new build schools. However they also work across other sectors including healthcare and commercial.
The M&E buyer will be responsible for procuring and scheduling mechanical and electrical materials to support the install of the building services. The materials will need to be procured inline with business cost, quality and delivery timescales. You will also working closely with the building services team to ensure that there is an effective stockholding of M&E consumables.
- Procure M&E materials in line with business targets of cost, quality and delivery
- Build close working relationships with Supply Chain.
- Negotiate with Supply Chain to ensure best market value, on-time delivery and quality.
- Work with engineers to understand and pre-empt material requirements.
- Create and maintain accurate material price records to aide with estimating
- Produce & maintain a product library - BOM and O&M information.
- Analyse construction drawings, specifications, room data sheets and other documentation to assist when preparing BOM and material schedules / project requirements
- Cross check monthly invoices against orders placed.
- Undertake material take-offs from design drawings, specifications, RDS etc.
The ideal candidate will have experience and a strong working knowledge of M&E materials, ideally experience working within a main contractor and a good understanding of off-site construction processes.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.