Job Title: Logistics & Planning Manager (HS2 - RC)
Location: Buckinghamshire / Northamptonshire
Sector: HS2, RC, Reinforced Concrete, Green Tunnels, Precast Concrete Assembly
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q2 / Q3 2021
Salary: Circa £45,000 to £55,000 Per Annum + Package
** (Base salary can be negotiated on level/relevant experience)
Our client, a large Civil Engineering contractor, is currently recruiting a Logistics & Planning Manager for their HS2 team, to enable the successful delivering of the Green Tunnel packages on the HS2 scheme. The works are being carried out in the central section of HS2 (Northamptonshire / Buckinghamshire) and include the preparation and pouring of reinforced concrete slabs (RC), the assembly of precast concrete tunnel segments and the re-use of excavated material (cut-and-cover).
The role would suit an experienced Logistics Manager with strong planning skills, who has a strong background in heavy civil engineering, inclusive of logistically planning for material delivery / material resource and traffic management, who is interested in working on the HS2 scheme over the coming years. This position will provide the opportunity to join a growing team, getting onboard with the works from inception, providing input into processes and procedures, to ensure work is delivered effectively and safely.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of a Logistics Plan at 3 different HS2 sites.
- Organising, managing and taking responsibility for the delivery of equipment and materials to site.
- Organising, managing and taking responsibility for storage of equipment and materials.
- Taking responsible for creating and maintaining Temporary Traffic Management plans at work sites.
- Communicating and co-ordinating with other team members, to ensure materials and equipment are delivered in accordance with the agreed programme.
- Continually monitoring the performance of the works and report to the Contracts Manager.
- Maintaining records of all deliveries to the construction site, including any test certificates for raw materials.
- Maintaining company quality, safety, environmental standards.
- Reviewing logistic tasks on an ongoing basis, identifying areas of concern or improvement.
- Participating in progress meetings with the commercial & management team, and the client.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Circa 10+ years' experience in construction logistics / planning, including material delivery and traffic management.
- Experience of organising transport programmes and deliveries, from multiple subcontractors and suppliers, and implementing on-time delivery programmes, for precast concrete elements.
- Strong awareness of contractual obligations surrounding the delivery of a Logistics Plan and Temporary Traffic Management.
- Worked on project that entail reinforced concrete.
- Experience with working with multidisciplinary construction personnel.
- Good communication, presentation and organisational skills
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online initially, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.