Are you an ambitious Lead Mechanical Estimator looking to make the move to one of the biggest technical solutions providers in Europe?
Would you like unrivalled personal development support and clear-cut career progression?
Our client Spie UK are looking for a Lead Mechanical Estimator to join their rapidly growing team in Solihull, Birmingham. You would be responsible for taking the lead estimating and producing Prime Cost plans incorporating all scope requirements, estimating preliminary costs required to execute the works, understanding the scheme and project to be able to capture builders work in connection with the works. There will be governance and employers’ requirements which will differ that you will need to understand and include in your estimates. You will need to work with the operations team to assist with programming and reporting.
- Provide and take the lead estimating and costing duties on all projects you are assigned to.
- Liaise closely with electrical and construction estimators to capture all scope and check duplications are not made.
- To populate a manual, take off with agreed Schedule of Rates.
- Produce costings using Contract Master with clarity on itemised prime costs and applied markups and margin.
- Preparation of RFIs to ensure clients’ requirements are clarified and achieved.
- Complying with all latest building regulations, statutory authority legislation.
- Understand the SPIE Quality Systems, implement and promote.
- Correctly interpret the 3D model, drawings, and documents for takedown purposes.
- Assess buildability of the installation and provide proactive solutions where required including access equipment, lifting plant and site setup preliminaries.
- To maintain a close working relationship with Commercial, Engineering and Operations teams, ensuring cohesion in this business venture.
- Estimate materials, plant, prelims, and labour to provide complete priced cost plans.
- Check quotes from suppliers and subcontractors are comprehensive and include all necessary elements.
- Check quote validity is in line with the SPIE offer.
- Liaising with clients to meet their design brief.
- Prepare in collaboration with the design team a risk and opportunities register.
Your mechanical services estimating duties will include but not be limited to the following:-
- Compressed Air
- HVAC head end plant, distribution and terminals
- Ductwork with ancillaries
- Domestic services DHW, CWS, CHW, LTHW generation and distribution
- Conversant with a wide range of mechanical building service systems and equipment.
- IT literate with a technical understanding of IT packages relevant to the role, mainly Navisworks, Plant 3D & Contract Master.
- You will be highly organised with a keen eye for detail and take a methodical and planned approach. You will own your estimate and cost plan.
- Experience of creating a fully costed itemised estimate with an understanding of markup and margin.
- Knowledge of all preliminaries and able to verify against industry standards and previous successful rates.
- High level of self-motivation, organisational ability, and drive to meet deadlines.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Technical/Design Education, or equivalent estimating experience
- Knowledge of local Subcontractor / Supplier Market
- Must be personable and capable of direct client interaction
- Well organized with strong written and oral communication skills
- Working skills with standard business software (MS Office Suite).
- Must be proficient in MS Excel
Please contact Reuben on 0113 242 0303 or firstname.lastname@example.org