Job Title: Lead Construction Manager
Location: East Anglia
Sector: Building & Construction
Job Type: Permanent Role
Salary: Circa £70,000 to £80,000 Per Annum + Package
**Salary negotiable on relevant experience and level**
About the role:
Our client is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Lead Construction Manager for our @one Alliance framework. The @one Alliance is a totally collaborative organisation made up of seven partner companies (Anglian Water, Balfour Beatty, Barhale, MMB, MWH Treatment, Skanska and SWECO) and their extended supply chain, delivering over half of Anglian Water’s capital investment programme.
What will you be doing as the Lead Construction Manager?
As their new Lead Construction Manager, you’ll be working within Water and Water Recycling Infrastructure to manage your own construction management team. You’ll ensure all construction activities are provided in compliance with the scheme deliverables from development stage ready to go to site and project completion with zero defects at Delivery Milestone 4 in conjunction with the Delivery teams.
You’ll play a key role in implementing a culture of collaboration, best practice & continuous improvement across the programme and supply chain. Bring the best from partners and other industries where appropriate.
You will be responsible for but not limited to:
- To develop, sustain and lead a high performing integrated construction management team by blending people with the right attitude, skills, and experience to deliver the assigned projects and or portfolios
- Lead people from different partner company backgrounds and disciplines utilise their knowledge and experience to achieve best practice
- Responsibility to train, coach, and mentor team members to perform their role and personal objectives to drive a culture of coaching and feedback
- Ensure effective performance management, retention, and succession planning and that all team members follow the Alliance ways of working
- Work closely with the Head of Operations and Senior General Manager to establish long term resource needs, future view on resources and DLO strategy if applicable and proactively inform or escalate any shortfalls or gaps in resources against the delivery plan and take appropriate steps to remedy
- Ensure health and safety is considered during the development and implementation of strategies, projects, standards, and processes and is not comprised at any time or in any circumstances
- Actively seek new ways of implementing best practices from partner home organisations and the wider construction sector and innovate using new products and technologies for the benefit of the @one Alliance
Packages include -
A competitive salary
Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
Contribution Pension scheme
Private medical Insurance
And many more benefits including – cycle to work scheme, discounts and savings Hub, kids pass etc
A little bit about your skills, experience and behaviours...
To join the team, you’ll have proven experience of managing teams between 5 to 20 reports at a leadership level, along with significant reputable Construction and H&S experience. You’ll be working across our Water and Water Recycling Infrastructure so experience within this sector is essential.
Able to inspire and lead a team, you’ll encourage and support groups and individuals to achieve critical tasks and outcomes with the ability to adopt a can-do attitude and willingness to be hands on if required, to achieve the deliverables. You’ll be able to operate at all levels to suit need and the situation with the ability to manage conflicting demands.
You’ll demonstrate excellent communication skills and will be performance driven, with proven experience of managing multiple stakeholder groups both internal and external to the organisation.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Scott Robbins on LinkedIn or via Scott.Robbins@anderselite.com