Anderselite are currently seeking a consultant/ freelance Landscape Architect to join and support the growth of our landscape design team. As a member of one of the UK&I’s largest and most diverse landscape practices, you will take a lead on a range of types and sizes of projects, including residential, urban regeneration, resorts, major infrastructure and environmental enhancement schemes. We are working with major clients, both in the UK and overseas that include The Land Development Agency, The University of Glasgow, local authorities and numerous private clients, including many of the major global developers. Our current projects range from international resorts such as AlUla to Portobello Promenade, Edinburgh. We work across the design stages integrating our strengths in landscape planning and management to produce design solutions which are in harmony with the environment, sustainable and deliver in an imaginative and innovative way.
We will consider applicants with a wide range of experience and a proven track record in landscape design. This is an opportunity to join a team which is growing and with strong links across many disciplines. We are looking for a team player with good technical skills who wishes to be involved in the development of innovative, cost-effective and buildable solutions in an environment that is collaborative, stimulating and challenging. The role would suit a self-motivated individual looking to advance their career in a dynamic team.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of technical expertise in order to be able to carry out the following job/project accountabilities:
• Produce the production of drawings and other technical documentation using appropriate software, with the necessary level of detail as required at various stages of development: strategies, conceptual design, detailed design and production information.
• Inspect and manage landscape implementation works on-site.
• Communicate clearly, including the ability to write concise technical reports and to contribute to conference calls, meetings and workshops.
• Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively within a multi-disciplinary design team.
• Be aware of and understand procedures, their importance and their application to projects.
• Undertake site survey and analysis in the field.
• Fluency in English and ability to communicate effectively.
• Experience of all stages of landscape design including preparation of tender documentation and contract administration
• Knowledge and understanding of the UK&I legal and planning systems with respect to landscape architecture.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Cloud software.
• Experience of some or all of the following useful: ArcGIS, AutoCAD Civils 3D, Revit, LSS or ProjectWise.
• Full driving licence.
• Landscape Institute or equivalent accredited Bachelor’s degree, Diploma and/or Master’s degree.
• Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute (CMLI), Irish Landscape Institute or equivalent.