My client is looking to appoint a Land Manager to their growing land department. My client is a regional developer who specialise in 3,4, and 5 bed luxury homes.
The purpose of the role is to identify and acquire development sites across the company for land targets to be met. To work closely with all internal departments to ensure that all departments contribute fully into the land bid process in order to win development sites for the future of the business and secure the sites under contract and through the planning process until Legal Completion of the land.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Maintain a high profile with external property contacts by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with local authorities, local agents, landowners and other developers within the company’s geographical area, in pursuit of opportunities for the company.
- Develop and maintain a full understanding of the company’s land appraisal system and the various internal procedures involved in investigating, reporting, and ultimately purchasing land.
- Develop and maintain a sound knowledge of the planning system and, working closely with the planning and technical teams and external consultants, be highly involved in the planning process, monitoring site progress through to implementable consent.
- With minimal day-to-day supervision, responsible for acquiring land opportunities within a specified geographical area and developing a detailed knowledge of development opportunities and competitor activity within the area.
- Enter negotiations and formulate offers to pursue land opportunities in order to meet the Regions and Group’s land requirements to meet the business’ annual budget and forecasts.
- Maintain a sound knowledge of all technical aspects covering the acquisition and development of land and associated legal agreements.
- Ensure develop and maintain a thorough understanding of legal issues relating to contracts, joint ventures, partnerships and land acquisition.
- Formulate offers, co-ordinate investigations, negotiate with local authorities, agents and lawyers, in order to produce contracts for signature. With minimum supervision for conditional contracts and options; responsible for overseeing the project until legal completion and for liaising with all internal departments accordingly.
- Act as a conduit between the Land and other internal departments to ensure opportunities are optimised and effective working relationships are developed to assist in the land acquisition process.
- To ensure familiarity with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies and comply with employee responsibilities.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Degree qualified or qualified by experience.
- Experience within a housebuilding company in a similar role.
- Strong numeracy skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Up to-date knowledge of land acquisition legislation and an ability to understand legal issues.
- Previous experience of working with others to manage projects through the acquisition, planning process and commercial negotiations.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to confidently present thoughts and findings to team members of all departments and senior management as required.
- Delivers on time and to target.
Package and Benefits
- Very competitive salary
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
This is a superb opportunity to join a quality house builder who have exciting plans for the region. For more information on this role please contact Paul Wilkinson on 07747441156 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org