Hub Coordinator - 4 on 4 off
Maidstone - ME20 postcode area
Contract until end of August 2022
Possibility of going permanent once contract finishes
£11.90 to £15 per hour
New opportunity for a Hub Coordinator to join a large, well respected construction company on a contract assignment. You will be working in the Network Hub providing a single point of contact within their Highways division, supporting the team’s response to incident management, Safety observations, stakeholder liaison and general enquiries
This is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to join a reputable organisation to contribute towards your professional growth and development.
Working Hours: 6:00am - 6:00pm & 6:00pm - 6:00am
Rolling shifts of 4 on 4 off (4 days on, 4 days off, 4 nights, 4 days off)
Includes working weekends and bank holidays depending how shift pattern falls.
Key Responsibilities -
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System
- Acting as first point of contact for the company in relation to incidents, emergency repairs and severe weather on the network, ensuring that the appropriate course of action is taken for each issue reported.
- Using CONFIRM, Deploy and manage the resources required to support Highways England in the timely clearance of incidents.
- Liaise directly with the Duty Bronze/Supervisor and Highways England’s R.O.C’s ensuring any additional support is correctly identified and provided.
- Maintain and manage the information flow and ensure regular contact with all stakeholders during incidents.
- Produce and maintain accurate records for all incidents that occur on the network and record all relevant information into the relevant database(s).
- Disseminate all Winter Maintenance decisions received by the ROC during the winter service period.
- Log/record all Area 4 safety observations and forward reports to the relevant teams.
- Monitor all Airwave radio communications, ensuring a strict radio discipline is maintained.
- Log and monitor lone working lone and non-lone working
- Carry out daily checks of labour plant and materials sheet and ensure efficient utilisation.
- To respond to incidents and emergency works when directed to do so by Highways England
- To assist the Duty Bronze with (when actively deployed on the network as per the rota)
- Completing accident/incident reports by acquiring the required information from the police etc.
- Obtaining relevant on scene details to enable the processing of Third-Party Claims
- To liaise with the emergency services and ROC at the scene of incidents work with them to clear the scene as quickly as possible.
- Liaise with the ROC to monitor traffic conditions and alleviate congestion.
- To assist with the deployment of other resources to incident scenes as required.
- Participating in routine and cyclic maintenance, winter service, emergency response and other reactive works as required.
- Completing and updating end of shift records
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
What we need from you -
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively perform within a team, sometimes within high pressure environments
- Computer literate adept with Microsoft programmes and other applications
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible working approach (comfortable working both day-time and night-time shifts)
- Professional and clear telephone manner
If you feel like this would be a good fit for you - please apply with a copy of your CV or call 02380219108 for more information