Job Title: HSQE Manager
Location: Buckinghamshire / Northamptonshire
Sector: HS2, RC, Reinforced Concrete, Green Tunnels, Precast Concrete Assembly
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q2 / Q3 2021
Salary: Circa £47,000 to £58,000 Per Annum + Package
** (Base salary can be negotiated on level/relevant experience)
Our client, a large Civil Engineering contractor, is currently recruiting a HSQE Manager for their HS2 team, delivering Green Tunnel packages on the HS2 scheme. The works are being carried out in the central section of HS2 (Northamptonshire / Buckinghamshire) and include the preparation and pouring of reinforced concrete slabs (RC), the assembly of precast concrete tunnel segments and the re-use of excavated material (cut-and-cover).
The role would suit an experienced HSQE Management professional who has strong background in heavy civil engineering (ideally with strong RC / Reinforced Concrete experience), who is interested in working on the HS2 scheme over the coming years. This position will provide the opportunity to join a growing team, getting onboard with the works from inception, providing input into processes and procedures, to ensure work is delivered effectively and safely.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Being accountable and responsibly for HSQE reporting and site activities across multiple projects (2 - 5).
- The day-to-day management of a team, including safety engineering and quality engineers.
- Monitor the performance of on-site subcontractors (such as land surveyors).
- Compiling records of as-built activities, in accordance with contractual procedures.
- Implementing, maintaining and promoting HSQE procedures, ensuring the wider team maintains HSQE standards, in line with client expectations.
- Maintaining company health, safety, quality and environmental standards.
- Reviewing the delivery of works and identifying any areas of concerns / improvement (on-going).
- Actively participating in progress meetings with the company's commercial team and the client.
- Predominantly based on-site, with construction teams, with associated client office visits.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification in construction / health and safety (i.e Bachelor's Degree).
- Site Safety qualifications, such as CSCS, First Aid etc.
- Circa 10+ years' experience working within the construction sector, compromising HSQE activities.
- Experience of working with construction teams delivering the installation of reinforced concrete works.
- Knowledge of land survey measuring tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to read technical drawings and contractual documents.
- Strong communication, presentation and organisational skills
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online initially, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.