Job Title: HR Advisor / Senior HR Advisor
Location: Buckinghamshire / Milton Keynes / Northamptonshire
Sectors: HR / Construction / Civil Engineering / Infrastructure / Rail
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary Bracket: £30,000 to £40,000 Per Annum + Package (Negotiable on relevant experience/level)
Our client, a large, established and growing contractor within the Construction & Civil Engineering sector, is currently looking to add a HR Advisor or Senior HR Advisor to their team, on a permanent basis. In this role, dependant on level and relevant experience, you will provide assistance to the HR Lead / Partner / Director, in respect of the main aspects of HR functions, ensuring best possible level of customer service to internal and external customers and ensuring that all relevant Company and Sector Specific procedures and policies are adhered to.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing assistance to the HR Senior HR Advisor . Lead / Partner / Director in respect of general HR processes & procedures, reviewing and updating Company Policies, also maintaining HR filing systems
- Providing HR operational advice in relation to company policies/procedures, answering general HR enquiries.
- Providing HR support to Line Managers, advising on company sickness absence management, also working with accounts, in regards of long term sickness absence cases.
- Providing advice in respect of the company Occupational Health process and maintenance.
- Finalising induction details, conducting Company Inductions and processing new starters.
- Tracking and monitoring leavers, analysing trends, preparing paperwork and recording exit interviews.
- Providing general assistance to HR Lead / Senior HR Advisor in the implementation/development of HR programmes for HR Reporting.
- Providing HR advice for Maternity and Paternity processes, advising both Line Managers and employees.
- Providing HR advice to Case Investigation Managers, taking notes, upkeeping ER case administration, producing letters and reporting packs for disciplinary, grievance and appeal meetings.
- Providing Performance Management advice and supporting Line Managers in the process.
- Developing, preparing and maintaining HR KPI reports.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification with HR (i.e. Degree/HND/HNC/NVQ or equivalent).
- CIPD Level 3 / CIPD Level 5.
- GCSE Maths and English.
- Previous experience working in a similar HR advisory role, ideally within Construction or Rail (sector experience is not essential though).
- Experience in HR admin, reporting, operational advice, absence/sickness absence management.
- Experience in Occupational Health and ER case management.
- Strong communication and I.T skills.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520.