Birmingham - B7
Duration: 4 months - could be temp to perm
£16-17 per hour via umbrella
Working for a Tier 1 contractor
The HR Advisor is required to provide a range of HR support across the relevant business
Working in partnership with the HR Managers, the HR Advisor will provide first line support
to local and designated management teams in all areas of HR supporting the roll-out and
implementation of policies, people initiatives and participating in cross-BU project groups as
Ensure compliance with employment law and company policies and procedures at all
• Provide managers with advice in respect of employee relations issues, including
disciplinary (up to and including dismissals) and grievance, ensuring that all employees
are treated fairly.
• Support managers in the management and improvement of employee performance
• Assist in the management of short and long-term absence, balancing the welfare of
employees and the needs of the business to identify solutions and remedies
• Support the Resourcing team ensure a diverse and inclusive workforce, i.e. right people
in the right place at the right time
• Coach and support managers in interviewing, assessment and selection methods,
providing support in the design and delivery of competency based assessment centres /
interviews (working alongside HRM’s as appropriate)
• Contribute to training needs analysis and the annual company-wide training plan,
bringing together all local training plans
• Help to develop and execute plans to maximise attraction, minimise unwanted attrition
and improve retention
• Participate in project teams and/or contribute to ad-hoc projects across the wider HR
• Support the talent agenda, with a focus on talent management and succession planning.
• Drive initiatives to create an inclusive and diverse workforce.
• Use available metrics and trends to make informed decisions across a wide range of HR
• Ensure all HR processes are followed correctly in a timely manner to ensure SAP and
payroll records are accurate
• Partner our Reward team and your peer group to ensure a consistent and fair approach
• Provide constructive challenge to the business and management teams to
help drive the business performance and embed the people strategy on a
• Contribute to the wider HR team to ensure that best practice is shared and
processes are aligned.
• Work with the managers to create and maintain local area succession,
talent management and development plans including supporting as
required the development of Graduates, Higher Apprentices & Apprentices
• Ensure that all absence and sickness is managed and recorded correctly by
line managers, in line with Company Policy.
• Provide HR KPI reports and management information as required
• Represent the company externally as required to promote our business and
• Contribute to health & wellbeing programmes across the business
• Take time to visit our sites and participate in H&S activities.
Key functional competencies
CIPD qualified or working towards an accreditation, for Associate level membership.
• Knowledge of Employment Law and ability to implement this in practical situations.
• Strong written and verbal communications, with proven ability of using IT platforms and
SAP systems effectively.
• Ability to coach and influence at a range of levels within the organisation.
• Commercially aware with the ability to understand the business operations and targets.
• Able to produce reports aligned to the HR metrics within the Area and Region. E.g.
absence rates, turnover, vacancies, payroll analysis, temp labour usage
• Ability to work effectively autonomously or as part of a team.
• Ability to build trust with people and managers.
• Drive and a desire to improve and develop
• Attention to detail