My Client has asked me to assist in identifying and placing a Senior Highways Structures Engineer - this will be based from their Birmingham office.
To support the Design Team Leader (Structures) in the project management, safety and technical accountability of all activities relating to the inspection, study, design, maintenance and construction of highway structures on the road network as delegated on a project basis.
Responsible for supervising the work of more junior structures team staff.
Tasks/Responsibilities as follows:
* Leading and planning own projects and task work effectively to a given brief and available
* Producing or overseeing technical documents and reports that meet specified quality and client objectives.
* Producing and developing sound & innovative design solutions to meet client requirements.
* Assisting the Structures Design Team Leader with financial and performance reporting both commercially and client related.
* Successful delivery to Client objectives, to budget and programme on own projects.
* Encouraging within the team the ethos of a positive partnering relationship with Client,
Framework and partnering Contractors, and assisting with its development with other teams or Offices.
* Assisting in the mentoring and development of staff to grow organically and the development of in-house capabilities, and succession management.
* Ensuring that suitable H&S practices in the bridge inspection/investigation environment are followed and that the CDM Regulations for project related work are adhered to.
* Preparing necessary IMS documentation under supervision of the Design Team Leader
* Keeping the Structures Design Team Leader apprised of activities.
* Assisting the Structures Design Team Leader in the identification of programme delivery,
resources and budgets for the annual Business Plan.
* Complying with the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
* Actively promoting Health & Safety and Environmental requirements in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance.
* Liaising with site and commercial management teams as required to ensure buildability reviews are undertaken.
* Performing other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Typical Skills/Experience as follows:
* Degree/HNC & preferably Chartered or Incorporated Civil/Structural Engineer or as a minimum actively working towards achieving a professional qualification with recognised engineering or technical body.
* Ability to work without supervision and with the drive and determination to meet targets.
* Proven project management of highway structures projects or tasks up to £2M and delivery to programme and budget in a safe environment.
* Developing, mentoring and supervision of Highway Structures staff.
* Design, bridge maintenance and/or contract document preparation to HA procedures.
* To be able to work with or advise key clients on technical issues in the highway structures
sector at a senior level.
* Good communication and report writing skills commensurate with key client expectations.
* Good working knowledge of H&S procedures in the inspection of highway structures and the CDM Regulations.
* A current UK FULL driving license is essential for the role as site visits will be required.
If your skills and experience matches the description above, please apply at the earliest opportunity.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.