Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Advisor - covering North-West regional sites, based from an office in Manchester (no expectation to report to the office more than 1 day per week). Well established construction main contractor with an excellent reputation for people development, and a strong order book.
To develop Health, Safety, Quality and Environment as a business focused contributor to achieving the mission of driving change, improving safety standards and initiating behavioural change within the company culture.
- Responsible for managing the Company’s health, safety, quality and environmental management/compliance issues.
- Assist the Senior HSQE Manager in ensuring that the HSQE policies and procedures of the Company compliment the growth and current business model.
- Assist the Senior HSQE Manager in managing the accident and incident investigation process.
- Report to the Senior HSQE Manager on HSQE performance/data and participate in forums with other managers to develop group-wide standards and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation, delivery and process of tender submission/client presentations when required.
- Manage training requirements monitor refresher training.
- Work with managers and the Senior HSQE Manager on continuous improvement of HSQE measures ensuring best practice to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Monitor adherence to HSQE processes/procedures, identifying potential breaches in standards and initiating action to address these.
- Assist in the Company audit plans and provide support and assistance during third party audits.
- Audit work activities across the Company and produce management reports and findings from these audits.
- Work with the Supply Chain Department to evaluate sub-contractors.
Qualifications and Experience
- NEBOSH Construction cert
- Member of IOSH
- CSCS card
- Experience in construction, civils, wastewater, highways, public realm or local authority projects
- Experience of HSQE site inspections/audits
- Track record of developing the HSQE function across a large number of sites in an operational/contractor environment
- Full clean driving licence
- A good understanding of the construction industry
- Strong knowledge of CDM regulations
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products / internet and email
- Able to persuade and influence others using logic and reason.
- Ability to deliver quality HSQE management information.
- Able to influence a variety of audiences.
- Ability to act as an ambassador for the HSQE brand.
- Respects others views and takes them into account.
- Tactful and diplomatic when dealing with people, treating them with dignity and respect at all times.
- Able to cope under pressure and manage a wide range of priorities with multiple objectives.
- Team player.
- Strong commitment to customer service excellence.
- Conscientious, trustworthy, open and reliable.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm.