Health and Safety Manager - £70-£80k+package - initial 6 month Fixed Term Contract - CMIOSH health and Safety Manager required to support a transition of Health, Safety and Environment from a Group led function to a business led function within a major construction/facilities management organisation.
• Work with the Group H&S team to develop a transition plan for H&S that includes software migration, transfer of policies, procedures, documents and records and redesign of the H&S management system
• Provide guidance and support to the business to implement the H&S management system
• Ensure continuity is maintained for all current H&S support activities during the transition period
• Ensure compliance to all applicable statutory requirements is checked for at all sites, properties, and operating locations, especially in relation to CDM, tenant safety, Asbestos, and fire safety.
• Ensure risk assessments are in place for all activities and key risk areas
• Track the effectiveness of the H&S transition plan to ensure targets and deliverables are achieved
• Monitor the management of key risks
• Ensure regular monitoring report deadlines are met with all data provided closely checked for accuracy
• Lead on the preparation of H&S reports for all business meetings
• Attend and support meetings as required raising awareness of risks and actions required
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge required
• Experience within a senior H&S role within the Construction/Property industry
• Understanding of Facilities/Premises & Estates management
• Detailed knowledge of the CDM Regulations
• Managing an effective team to deliver results
• Professional membership – IOSH/IIRSM etc.
• CSCS card desirable
• AIEMA desirable
• Aligned to current thinking on H&S practice and up to date knowledge
• Proactive, engaging and positive attitude to the promotion of H&S excellence
• Ability to implement change and improvement programmes
• Ability to identify solutions to identified problems
• Effective within a team and across a diverse working environment