Health and Safety Consultant / Principal Designer - £300-£400 per day (outside IR35 assessment considered) - initial 6 month contract - Leeds based (hybrid working but ideally commutable to Leeds 1-2 days per week)
Main Purpose of Role To work as Principal Designer/CDM Advisor/Health and SAfety Consultant and manage a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects covering many different construction sectors, including healthcare, commercial offices, education, retail, mixed-use and residential schemes. To help ensure that the bsuienss provides a first-class principal designer/CDM advisory service. To contribute to the organisation’s vision and strategic objective to provide a fully integrated, high quality service to our clients in a friendly, professional manner and to reflect our passion for health and safety in construction.
1.. To undertake principal designer duties, as defined by the Construction (Design and Management) regulations 2015 (CDM) and as otherwise required of the role, including site visits, preparation of the preconstruction documentation and other associated duties;
2. To liaise and communicate with clients, designers, contractors and others and to offer advice and guidance on CDM/health and safety issues;
3. To assist in the preparation of health and safety/CDM documentation for contractors and others;
4. To manage projects to the agreed project budgetary limits and time tables;
5. To seek and follow up opportunities to promote the Practice;
6. To attend design meetings, site meetings and carry out site inspections;
7. To work collaboratively with colleagues and to keep them informed of issues on your projects, at all times.
The successful candidate will need to be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
Relevant experience in the construction industry with experience of CDM/health and safety issues in construction;
Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills;
NEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent/higher;
Membership of the Association of Project Safety (APS); idealy IMAPS or above
Good knowledge and understanding of appropriate legislation;
A clean driver’s licence.