Health and Safety Consultant - Leeds, West Yorkshire - £40k-£45k+excellent benefits package. Working for a stable, privately owned and well respected consultancy, predominantley on healthcare and education projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To act as Principal Designer/CDM Consultant managing pre construction design risk management processes including the preparation of F10 and PCIP.
- Lead design team with respect to CDM to ensure all matters of design, maintenance and in use considerations have been considered and the principles of prevention have been applied.
- Check Contractor's Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan and advise the client on suitability.
- Prepare Health and Safety File.
- To undertake Fire Risk Assessment of buildings and prepare reports and action plans.
- Provide general Health and Safety advice including preparing risk assessments, training client staff, competency advice, contractor monitoring and offering Clients health and safety advisory services.
Skills & Experience
* Ideally having IMaPS
* Tech IOSH /Grad IOSH is preferred but not essential
* Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate, and/or NEBOSH Cconstruction is desirable
* Experience of working as principal designer or CDM Advisor/Consultant
* More general occupational Health and Safety experience desirable but not essential
* Experience of working within a construction environment
* Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
* Excellent communication, influencing and negotiating skills
* Strong business development skills
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan workloads and work under pressure to achieve deadlines
* Multiple project/service activity management
* Experience of managing budgets and delivering on time to cost and quality
* Presentation skills
* Research and report writing skills
* Problem solving and decision making skills
* PC literate including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
* Professional and positive approach
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Ability to use own initiative and work pro-actively
* Strong at building relationships and able to communicate at all levels
* Ability to work under pressure and achieve targets
* Flexible attitude to work
* Sense of humour
* Commitment to providing a high quality client service and to applying best practice
* Car allowance
* Laptop and mobile phone
* 25 days leave
* Private health care
* Income protection scheme
* Contributory pension scheme
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy