Health and Safety Advisor - rail - East London - civil engineering/rail
Excellent opportunity for a Health and Safety professional with construction and rail experience to join £500m turnover main contracting company with operations across the UK. Working on a prestigious rail project in East London with a high-performing project team to support with Health, Safety and Environmental issues on site.
* On a day to day basis provide guidance and advice to the business on compliance with statutory requirements and company standards using
* To respond to requests for advice which fall within the job holders area of expertise, through discussion with the SHE Manager, and others where appropriate
* Undertaking risk assessments relating to SHE.
* Proactively working with operational teams during the project lifecycle to ensure that SHE is considered at all stages and that relevant control measures are identified
* Assisting the business with the implementation of the OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards
* Undertaking 'active' monitoring of company projects using the monitoring system
* Highlighting areas where poor practice and/or significant risk have occurred.
* Investigating incidents and producing detailed factual reports identifying root causes and recommendations for improvement
* Liaising with enforcing authorities as necessary
* Assisting the SHE Manager and Project teams in the preparation, review and updating of policies and procedures relating to the management of SHE
* Keeping up to date with new legislation and best practices in the industry through regular reading of journals and relevant website/ site visits
- Raise awareness on SHE and sustainability issues through toolbox talks and briefings, delivering training where necessary.
- NEBOSH Construction/general cert (essential)
- PTS (essential)
- NEBOSH Diploma/NVQ L5 in OHAS (desired)
- Relevant experience of working as part of an operational construction team
- Providing proactive support to operational business units
- Up to date knowledge of UK legislation in relation to SHE Operation of an OHSAS 18001 and/or ISO 14001 based system
- Relevant construction and rail sector experience
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.