My clients are looking to appoint a Head of Land on a permanent basis. My clients are a 5-star housebuilder with an excellent reputation in the market
Working alongside the Land Director the Head of Land will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, and securing sufficient land/sites for residential development to support the Division’s objectives of achieving and maintaining a quality land bank.
Principal accountability’s role include:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with local authorities, local agents, landowners, and other developers within the Division’s geographical area to ensure up to date knowledge of current and future market opportunities.
- Work closely with the land team to conduct land appraisals in line with the Group’s land appraisal system to determine the valuation of any potential development land.
- Produce a clear assessment of the potential success of a development by collating build costs, market research, local planning policy and technical information.
- Successfully negotiate and prepare offers to pursue land opportunities in order to meet the Division’s land requirements that are within budgets and forecasts.
- Maintain a sound knowledge of all technical and health and safety aspects covering land acquisition and development of land and associated legal agreements.
- Ensure effective working relationships are maintained between Land and other internal departments to ensure opportunities are maximised to assist with the land acquisition process.
- Effectively manage and motivate the land department.
- Maintain and manage the land register/portfolio.
- Liaise with Planning and external consultants to ensure the successful delivery of applications and decisions.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of working as a Senior Land Manager or as a current Head of Land.
- Experience of managing a land team.
- Successful experience in land acquisition within the housebuilding industry.
- Planning or Surveying Degree is desirable
- RICS or RTPI is desirable
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Works collaboratively with a diverse range of people
- Good administration skills
- Works effectively to deadlines and competently works on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient IT skills.
Package and Benefits
- Very competitive salary
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Company car or car allowance
- 28 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
This is a superb opportunity to join a quality house builder who have exciting plans for the region. For more information on this role please contact Paul Wilkinson on 07747441156 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org