We are currently working with a leading UK Facilities Service provider, to recruit a Senior Manager to oversee the Hard Services and Engineering works on a facilities contract in the Oxford area
To manage the Hard Services ensuring that contractual KPIs, compliance and other legislative requirements are met within the approved financial parameters, by ensuring that the Estates Services operates in the most efficient and robust manner, inclusive of the reactive/planned spend on Subcontractors and internal resources.
- Support the Company's long term objectives and make appropriate contributions to public sector, divisional and corporate decision making
- Ensure that the budget is adhered to and all levels of expenditure are within the set divisional targets
- Provide effective, professional management to both direct and indirect clients
- Maintain the highest standards of presentation, personal integrity and customer support. Support, lead and motivate the key managers within the client unit
- Manage the people development and succession planning within contract to ensure opportunities are created and key personnel are retained
- Actively contribute to development and delivery of the long term business aspirations of a long term PFI contract
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with all statutory requirements and corporate policies including, but not limited to, Health and Safety, Quality Assurance, and Employment Legislation as well as HTM/HBN requirements, where applicable.
- Ensure full understanding of any changes and development in legislation and working practices that may affect the company's operations and/or present new opportunities.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in
- Leadership - The ability to motivate and empower others in order to reach organisational goals
- Hard FM - advanced technical knowledge to include … and solid background in the management of Hard FM services, Engineering and Management
- Ensure that all Project works are completed in a timely and cost efficient manner, with all appropriate records updated and maintained accordingly
- Ensure that all activity undertaken by the Estates services is in accordance with policies and frameworks such as the Safe Systems of Work and a suitable and sufficient audit record of all activities are recorded and maintained
Requirements for the candidate:
- Detailed Knowledge of HTMs, HBN's and their Operation/Function
- Hard FM - knowledge and a solid background in Hard FM and Management.
- Degree / HNC or equivalent in electrical, mechanical or building services discipline
- Previous FM managerial experience
- Good Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Numerate & commercially competent
- Demonstrable Contractual/High degree of Commercial aptitude
- Good working knowledge and understanding of CAFM systems
- Health & Safety qualification - NEBOSH
- A technical background (time served electrician/HVAC technician/engineer or degree level engineer)
- Understanding of CAFM and BMS systems
- Experience of project/work planning, monitoring and reviewing
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and ability to interpret financial information
- Previous experience of managing HR issues
- Task focused as well as people centred
- Excellent negotiation skills, based on strong commercial/financial acumen
- Ability to embrace and deliver change
- Capable of translating strategic intent into immediate successful delivery
- Strong sense of urgency and desire to succeed
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.