We are working with a leading Facilities Service provider to recruit a Hard Services Manager for a cluster of PFI buildings in the East London area
▪ Manage the development and implementation of local and corporate policies and procedures within Hard Services so that a compliant service is delivered in line with strategy, legislation and corporate policy through the Hard Services Supervisor and Site Service Maintenance Technicians (SSMT’s)
▪ To work with the Site Managers, Hard service Administrator and SST’s to ensure that the operational contract maintains legal compliance through appropriate documented processes and procedures. Ensuring that the organization follows all relevant laws, regulations and business operating standards, delivering PPM’s against plan.
▪ Adherence to contract Service Level Agreement and Key Performance Indicators
▪ Develop relationships with the Site Managers and SST’s through sound management, improving their knowledge and understanding of operational needs, best practice, training, and techniques so that all solutions are operationally and commercially viable and accepted by the supporting team.
▪ Management of the Hard Services Administration utilizing the knowledge and building on the skills of the Hard Services Administrator.
▪ Management of Sub contractors and works being undertaken working with them and the Site Managers and SST’s
▪ Assist in the process of gaining suitable best practice accreditation
▪ Build and maintain relationships with the Procurement & Project Management Teams, regional team and keeping up to date with developments as appropriate
▪ Maintain knowledge of new technology, innovation and emerging new products, ensuring potential procurement of such items is commercially viable and appropriate to the business
▪ Mechanical bias and Qualification ideally
▪ Health & Safety Qualification (NEBOSH)
▪ Competent in the use of Excel and Microsoft Project
▪ Experience of audit and compliance work within the relevant building services
▪ Must be team player but with the ability to work on own initiative
▪ Operational knowledge of hard FM services
▪ Excellent communication and negotiation skills
▪ A recognised technical accreditation in Hard FM
▪ Experience of working in a Public Funded Initiative Project is preferred