Due to an expanding order book we have an opening for a position as a Graphic Designer within our
planning team. The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role and be responsible for the
preparation of all types of presentation material prepared by the planning department.
The candidate will liaise directly with our Senior Planner & Project Managers and be responsible for
ensuring all graphical design information is completed in line with programme and client’s expectations and
our own quality standards.
Vacancy Title & Occupation
• Graphic Designer – Planning Department
• Construction Industry / Residential Housing
Duties will involve:
- Work alongside our Senior Planner & Project Managers to prepare all types of graphic and
presentation material required for the submission of planning applications.
- Presentation material will include the preparation of: Coloured Layouts, Parameter Plans,
Rendering of images and 3D perspective views.
- Management of document files for Design & Access Statements / Supporting Statements / Planning
Statements / Public Consultation Display Boards, Leaflets, with the support of the Senior Planner &
Project Managers to advise on architectural requirements and text.
- Making necessary amendments to all presentation imagery within planning application pack as
required to obtain planning permissions.
- Website updates, preparing imagery and marketing material.
• Entry level considered as long as a qualification in graphic design
• Strong knowledge of the Adobe suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Have an eye for design / detail
• Ability to hand draw
• Ability to work within a team and offer experience to the team when required.
• Proficient communicator both verbally and written
• Willingness to learn all aspects of the planning process
• Possess Full UK Driving licence and own transport
• Willingness to travel.
• Be eligible to work in the UK
• Experience with AutoCAD & Sketch-Up software
• Knowledge of planning requirements and application procedures
• Ability to prepare 3D visuals to dempnstrate scale and massing of proposed developments
• Ability to use Microsoft Powerpoint to prepare presentation material
Minimum Qualification(s) Required
• ONC/HNC in graphic related course
• 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at C or above, to include English and Mathematics
Essential Personal Attributes
• Methodical & Organised
• Good timekeeping & Communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Personable smart character