Job Title: Geotechnical Engineer
Location: South-East England (Work From Home - Maidstone / Basingstoke etc)
Sector: Highways, Infrastructure, Drainage, Construction, Civil Engineering
Start Date: Q3/Q4 2022
Job Type: Permanent Role
Hours: 37 Hours Per Week.
Salary: Circa £33,000 to £37,000 Per Annum + Package (Holidays, 10% pension etc)
**Salary negotiable on relevant experience and level
We are currently recruiting Geotechnical Engineers for a Highways client (Government-owned company), who are looking to add heads to their team on a permanent basis. They have an exciting opportunity for someone to join their Highways team in the South-East region, where you will get the opportunity to work on large and prestigious Highway infrastructure projects across the region, supporting and gaining experience from Senior Engineers, Design Managers and other peers.
Within this role, you will be developing feasibility studies for renewals and/or improvements, including the compiling and checking of relevant documents, evidence and options for value management, taking into account new techniques, materials, buildability and costs.
Daily duties include but are not limited to:
- Activities and resources involved in the identification and evaluation of asset data and needs in order to develop early solutions, in line with agreed methodologies and prioritisation criteria.
- Development of CD622 geotechnical reports.
- Prepare briefs and support delivery of survey works, including ground investigation specifications, that support the renewal and/or improvement of assets.
- Preliminary design of Geotech renewals and maintenance schemes.
- Development of forward works programme.
- Ensure the health and safety needs and wellbeing of customers and employees are fully considered and accounted for throughout the planning and delivery of each service.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have worked as a Geotechnical Engineer / Civil Engineer within a construction environment. (2+ years experience)
- Degree or HND in relevant discipline and appropriate experience (or similar). (Ideal not Essential)
- Experience in design of renewal schemes
- Experience of working within budgets.
- Understanding of the Value Management process and/or cost benefit analysis of schemes.
- Working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) standards, methods of working & Specification for Highway Works.
- Good knowledge of CDM 2015.
For more information or to apply for the role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520.